Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-01-28, 18:08)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Unless I'm not gauging dev progress properly, the Android side on S905 isn't looking encouraging for HD audio or 3D. Seems only Minix has managed TrueHD 5.1/7.1 passthru on U1, with DTS-MA still in the works.

On OpenELEC side, last update from Alex @ Amlinuxmedia forum simply states "new box, new CPU, new SDK, need more time to fix".

Don't forget that Zidoo X5 can also pass-through TrueHD 5.1/7.1 and DTS HD MA 5.1/7.1
As far is 3D MVC go,Zidoo don't seems that much interested on getting it working for now.

I think all the S905 are stuck with the same Top/Bottom HTAB bug for 3D MVC playback.
Oh right, did capture that in post #1. It's a custom Kodi build right? Know which version it's based off? Is 23.976 or even 24.000 supported? How's playback (stutters, artifacts, etc.)? Any audio synch issues as w/X6?

Re: "all the S905 are stuck with the same Top/Bottom HTAB bug for 3D MVC playback"... all, except infamous VidOn on S95 (proper 3D output).
I think the zidoo x5 uses vidon xbmc I'm afraid
(2016-01-28, 20:07)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]I think the zidoo x5 uses vidon xbmc I'm afraid

With Vidon XBMC,there is no benefit,because 3D MVC display as Top/Bottom HTAB and there is no HD Audio support.

Vidon XBMC version 15.2 beta
(2016-01-28, 20:18)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-28, 20:07)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]I think the zidoo x5 uses vidon xbmc I'm afraid

With Vidon XBMC,there is no benefit,because 3D MVC display as Top/Bottom HTAB and there is no HD Audio support.

On the zidoo site they say to use vidon xbmc for dts-ma and truehd. But aslong as they use vidon xbmc I won't buy this product.

The wait for 23.976 playback and HD audio bitstream with android is a long one.
(2016-01-28, 20:30)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-28, 20:18)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]

On the zidoo site they say to use vidon xbmc for dts-ma and truehd. But aslong as they use vidon xbmc I won't buy this product.

Where in their forum?
(2016-01-28, 20:40)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-28, 20:30)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-28, 20:18)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]With Vidon XBMC,there is no benefit,because 3D MVC display as Top/Bottom HTAB and there is no HD Audio support.

Where in their forum?

Spring wrote it a few comments before your last one
(2016-01-28, 20:43)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-28, 20:40)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-28, 20:30)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]On the zidoo site they say to use vidon xbmc for dts-ma and truehd. But aslong as they use vidon xbmc I won't buy this product.

Where in their forum?

Spring wrote it a few comments before your last one

I seeWinkbut they are not advertising like the others.

Is the VidOn XBMC going to be the official Kodi on the S905 boxesHuh
Zidoo site still says "Pre-installed ZIDOO customized KODI 15.2 Isengard" on their Q5 product page. So, are they using VidOn functionality (or really a rebranded VidOn) inside their Kodi fork? If so, either way, move goes against Zidoo complying w/GPL and sharing with X6, and now going w/VidOn, who haven't complied (properly, fully anyway)?

Edit: Hold on... VidOn has provided GitHub link for their latest XBMC v.15.2.2. wrxtasy, thoughts?
No they are using their own Kodi just like the Zidoo X6
Quoted from spring on the zidoo x5 forum
"
hi:
if you want to use DTS HD /dobly trueHD and 3D play on vidon xbmc, you should login in, but if you would not use those function, can you can need not login in.
"
So to me that reads like they use the vidon xbmc
Mini mx Android update released today, dated 0129, will update with any significant changes later

EDIT

CEC is working now, Kodi 17 nightly has no change with DTS output not working for me, disabling that and enabling transcoding works for now still. no HD audio support as i only do 5.1.

Vidon XBMC 3d ISO playback support now working, unfortunately its not frame packed and only top and bottom, still cant get any passthrough audio to work with it, pcm outputs in sync.
Thanks for the heads up.
(2016-01-29, 23:25)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]Mini mx Android update released today, dated 0129, will update with any significant changes later

EDIT

CEC is working now, Kodi 17 nightly has no change with DTS output not working for me, disabling that and enabling transcoding works for now still. no HD audio support as i only do 5.1.

Vidon XBMC 3d ISO playback support now working, unfortunately its not frame packed and only top and bottom, still cant get any passthrough audio to work with it, pcm outputs in sync.
Do you have the build number and url for the image?
(2016-01-30, 00:14)johoja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-29, 23:25)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]Mini mx Android update released today, dated 0129, will update with any significant changes later

EDIT

Do you have the build number and url for the image?

105L built today, i cant check atm, the update was an auto update that just popped up when i turned the box on.