Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-05, 16:23)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe if someone with a beelink mini mx can give it a try as It seems the op isn't going to
Want to, just haven't had time.
Okay I Tested Zidoo x5 the whole scenario :

- DTS MA Did not work for me as it is 7.1 track so i get no sound
- Tru HD did not work and got dolby HD signal ; this not a bad thing but no truHD
- 3d Iso works okay
- All other sound formats worked okay .
- Smooth playback but too much switching on formats when skipping video .
I am going to test 4k stuff but no point if the two major sound formats don't work
(2016-02-06, 04:10)chet82 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I Tested Zidoo x5 the whole scenario :
Tru HD did not work and got dolby HD signal ; this not a bad thing but no truHD
What brand is your AVR? Is it a Denon? If so, it displays Dolby HD for Dolby TrueHD.
(2016-02-06, 04:10)chet82 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I Tested Zidoo x5 the whole scenario :

- DTS MA Did not work for me as it is 7.1 track so i get no sound
- Tru HD did not work and got dolby HD signal ; this not a bad thing but no truHD
- 3d Iso works okay
- All other sound formats worked okay .
- Smooth playback but too much switching on formats when skipping video .
I am going to test 4k stuff but no point if the two major sound formats don't work

what version of KODI?

and firmware version of your X5 box?
(2016-02-06, 06:00)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
Tru HD did not work and got dolby HD signal ; this not a bad thing but no truHD
What brand is your AVR? Is it a Denon? If so, it displays Dolby HD for Dolby TrueHD.

Yes its denon .

Legend ! , I Did not know that Wink

However it will not downmix 7.1 to 5.1 but unfortunately My iso's are all 7.1 TruHD but they do have ac3 tracks so i guess i can work around that .
Don't shoot, just a messenger passing news Smile ... avforums' review of Tronsmart S95 w/VidOn here, pretty spot-on, balanced I think, and confirms my findings...
Quote:3D mode... only works at 60Hz, where almost all content is 23.976 frames per second and thus playback is not smooth, especially on panning shots. It also looks, although this is a subjective call, as though the frame-packed samples weren’t rendering in full HD resolution, which was backed up by the menus briefly switching in to top and bottom mode upon exiting a movie.
Quote:...what of VidOn’s other claim to fame, HD audio passthrough and playback. Well, the results were good – certainly better than almost everything we’ve tested yet but, again, there are some issues with the audio... upon playing standard DTS 5.1 audio we experienced some drop-outs and frequent clicking coming through the speakers which was a definite annoyance.
3D
VidOn XBMC
1920 x 1080/AVC/ISO/23.976fps Frame Packed
Huh

Is 3D framepacking working the Tronsmart S905 w/VidOn XBMC?
No, as far as I can tell. It does send out proper 3D video to your display (not TAB/HOU double image like Beelink MiniMX, Minix U1, WeTek Core, etc.), but the rendering is actually half-resolution (shortcoming affecting all AML S812/905 boxes).

With my Epson 5025UB PJ, if I bring up info panel, it clearly shows it's receiving TAB from VidOn via S95, but if I recall correctly last I checked on BenQ W1070 PJ, its info panel indicated "frame packing". But, I don't believe it's really "frame packing", just VidOn's trickery to get 3D mode engaged. I trust what my Epson PJ is showing more.

BTW, any progress by Zidoo on X5?
(2016-02-10, 16:31)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]No, as far as I can tell. It does send out proper 3D video to your display (not TAB/HOU double image like Beelink MiniMX, Minix U1, WeTek Core, etc.), but the rendering is actually half-resolution (shortcoming affecting all AML S812/905 boxes).

With my Epson 5025UB PJ, if I bring up info panel, it clearly shows it's receiving TAB from VidOn via S95, but if I recall correctly last I checked on BenQ W1070 PJ, its info panel indicated "frame packing". But, I don't believe it's really "frame packing", just VidOn's trickery to get 3D mode engaged. I trust what my Epson PJ is showing more.

it seems like were out of luck for now and waiting for the next round of updates to hit for s905 devices.

vidon xbmc doesnt output in proper 3d mode on the mini mx for me here, the only thing outputting proper 3D signal is that version with Koyings work and its working much better for me as its a newer build with all the updated addons. Ill take Kodi over vidon any day myself. Nvidia seems like it might be the best slim chance we have for a high end device that can do everything.
(2016-02-10, 16:31)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]No, as far as I can tell. It does send out proper 3D video to your display (not TAB/HOU double image like Beelink MiniMX, Minix U1, WeTek Core, etc.), but the rendering is actually half-resolution (shortcoming affecting all AML S812/905 boxes).

BTW, any progress by Zidoo on X5?No

I think Chinese New Year is slowing development downBlush
(2016-02-10, 17:25)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]

it seems like were out of luck for now and waiting for the next round of updates to hit for s905 devices.

vidon xbmc doesnt output in proper 3d mode on the mini mx for me here, the only thing outputting proper 3D signal is that version with Koyings work and its working much better for me as its a newer build with all the updated addons. Ill take Kodi over vidon any day myself. Nvidia seems like it might be the best slim chance we have for a high end device that can do everything.

Waiting for the Nvidia Shield 3D MVC working,then i am going to purchase the 500GB version and the Nvidia Shield will be my All in One Box

3D + 4K 10bits Blush
(2016-02-10, 17:51)movie78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-10, 17:25)dukester Wrote: [ -> ]

Waiting for the Nvidia Shield 3D MVC working,then i am going to purchase the 500GB version and the Nvidia Shield will be my All in One Box

3D + 4K 10bits Blush

Same here, hopefully the Shield provides a bit more stable android TV Kodi experience than the nexus player does for me currently though, i find it one of the least favourite kodi devices i own
Does anyone have Dynamic Refresh Rate switching working on any S905 ?

I have two of them here with different Firmwares and neither Refresh switch in Kodi itself.
In Android Settings when selecting various display Resolution and Hz I get switching.

I suspect Kodi AML code has not yet caught up to the S905 AML changes in the new Kernel.
On the Minix U1 it should work with Minix XBMC.
Well the next question is where are the Kodi GPL code changes that are required then for all the rest of the S905 Kodi community ?
I've hunted around and seen nothing.

If its AML Kernel patching, then those changes are required as well as that too is covered by a GPL licence.