Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fast Scroll dimming (Container.Scrolling)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using the titan skin for a while now and am happy with everything about it except one thing. When I scroll through a list in my library, if i begin to scroll through faster the list dims, making it hard to see the titles that I'm scrolling through. In trying to figure out what is going on, I remembered that in other skins I've used if you would scroll rapidly the test would fade and a large letter would pop up on screen indicating the first letter of the area of the list you are in. I figure this is what is happening in titan, but the letter isn't popping up. I found a post where the kodi team implemented this feature in the Container.Scrolling condition. This is a very minor thing, but fixing this would make titan perfect in my eyes. So my question is, am I missing a setting in the titan config somewhere that messes with this feature, or is this the way its intended to work? I'd rather it just not fade at all, and not show a large letter on screen either. Any input would be appreciated, Thanks!
I think this is a big problem hat I just bumped into as well.

I would like to turn the dimming off
Can you tell me which view is having this issue ?

BTW: The letter should show up so I guess something is wrong in the view you're using.
I'm using the slim list, I never thought of trying a different view to see if the letter pops up.... I'd rather be able to disable this entirely though. however the timing is set for the dimming and therefor the letter to appear it just seems to appear even if I'm scrolling one item at a time for about 20 items or so. Me and the wife will be scrolling through the tv shows trying to decide what to watch and it'll dim after scrolling through half of my list, even though im going one item at a time, though granted tapping the button rapidly. Is this even able to be disabled through skinning?
(2016-02-13, 01:51)cookerrr Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the slim list, I never thought of trying a different view to see if the letter pops up.... I'd rather be able to disable this entirely though. however the timing is set for the dimming and therefor the letter to appear it just seems to appear even if I'm scrolling one item at a time for about 20 items or so. Me and the wife will be scrolling through the tv shows trying to decide what to watch and it'll dim after scrolling through half of my list, even though im going one item at a time, though granted tapping the button rapidly. Is this even able to be disabled through skinning?

If you update to the latest version of the skin this should be fixed.
I guess I should have updated before posting, Indeed the screen no longer dims and the letter does pop up. Perfect! Thanks so much!