Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodibuntu exit just restarts Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using Kodibuntu for about a week without problem. Tonight I went to try to get into the Lbuntu side, but firing up the machine and then selecting Exit to get to the GUI login prompt -- however, whenever I do that Kodi pauses and then Kodi restarts.

I have posted my debug log at: http://xbmclogs.com/pzjuxdv3l

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure, if this is related in some way. But your system has some of those banned addons installed. For a test you could SSH (wiki) in and try to move the .kodi folder to have a clean installation:

Code:
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi-bak

This command is like a factory reset. All addons and settings are gone for now, but they are stored in the "kodi-bak" folder. So no worries. We can bring them back easily, if you want that.

For the time, Kodi will create a new .kodi folder at next boot.

after that command is done, reboot that device try to exit it and see, if you get your login prompt back. If yes, then one of those addons is the culprit, as we didnĀ“ t change anything else to your system. You could keep the system now as it is and make your settings and install addons. I would install addons one by one and see, which one causes the issue. My recommendation is, don't install anything which is on that list:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

if you do it and come up with the next issue while those are installed, I won't help you anymore. As support for Kodi is normally not given while those addons and repositories are installed and issues can be caused by them. So if you want still to use those addons, and if they are causing this issue, ask the authors of those addons for help.

If the issue still persists after the reboot, get us a new Debug Log.
Thank you for your help. I figured out it had to do with my sound settings. I had changed the sound settings to use HDMI, and the issue was occurring when I had unplugged the computer from HDMI. Once I had plugged it back into the HDMI port, everything was working fine.

Although this seems like it might be a bug with Kodi which would not allow me to reset the sound settings while HDMI was unplugged.

Thanks for the info on the banned plugins, however, I would note that the issue that I was asking about had nothing to do with them.