Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie scraper doesn’t work anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m an XBMC user for several years. I use a mac mini as my HTPC. I chose not to upgrade to Kodi because I tried but it didn’t work out on my setup. Can’t remember the exact reason right now. So I rolled back to XBMC latest version. I figured I move up when my current hardware setup needs to be replaced. Nonetheless, XBMC worked perfectly for me, both the content management and playback aspects. Until recently. All of a sudden, the scraper can’t find ANY movie content. TV Shows are fine, movies don’t work. Naming conventions are followed to the letter, nothing in my setup has changed. I see that when trying to update the library, the progress bar stops briefly at the new additions, but it doesn’t actually download anything and you can’t see those movies in the proper place later. So the movie scraper still does its thing but fails to do it successfully. Log says it doesn't find any info. If I try to do it manually, the usual prompt shows up, telling me to enter a proper name. Which, of course, is already entered. And no matter how I change it, it always comes back with that window asking me to enter the movie name.

Does anybody know what’s wrong and how this came about?

OSX 10.6.8
Mac Mini Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
XBMC v12.2 Frodo

xbmc log at: http://pastebin.com/M4UMB7tx

Skin name: Aeon MQ 4

Sorry, couldn't find SVN number with Aeon skin.
The scraper sites change things from time to time, which require the scraper add-ons to be updated. v12 doesn't get scraper add-on updates anymore, and that's probably the reason it stopped working for you. The newest Kodi needs OS X 10.7 to run, but you should be able to install Kodi v14, at least.
You can probably manually update the scraper with a zip file.
Thanks Ned, that's probably it. nickr, that sounds interesting. Where would I find that scraper compatible with my version of xbmc?
Sorry for the delay. Try the direct download link here http://addons.kodi.tv/show/metadata.themoviedb.org/