Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: GUI error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, Im somewhat of a newb but have been using XBMC/Kodi for a few years now. I started out with a Pivos Xios DS, then upgraded to an Intel NUC about a year later. The NUC I purchased came with a Windows 7 disk, however i never installed it until last night. I had just been using the NUC as a HTPC running on openelec. So i came up with this brilliant idea to try to dual boot openelec and Windows 7. I failed, but thats another story.

So before going back to openelec and deleting windows i decided I would give Kodi a try on a Windows system. I downloaded 15.2 and it seemed to install fine, I did the full install. However when I try to run it I get an unable to load GUI error and have to force close the application. So am I doing something wrong or is there another issue? I have never had any GUI issues with Kodi before however this is the first time I have tried running it on a Windows system.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Most likely is you need to update graphics drivers in windows.
(2016-01-10, 00:56)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely is you need to update graphics drivers in windows.

Thanks, ill give that a try. This is the first time anything other than openelec has been on this machine, so that makes sense.
Thanks again trogggy, that was the problem. Im going to let it run its updates then see if i can migrate it to my tv.
Brill.
Everything is working great. Thanks again for the help. I feel like an idiot for not checking the drivers first, but like i said, im a newb to Kodi on windows. I am enjoying the experience though, I douobt i will go back to openelec unless i purchase another htpc for that sole purpose. The only problem now is that my Kore remote will not acknowledge Kodi. Thats no big deal thougjh.