Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help on adding Kodi to Samsumg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, can I get a pointer on how to add Kodi to my Smart Samsung TV? I followed a youtube video but it did not work.

Thanks
you can't
You can with a raspberry pi and some double-sided sticky tape.
(2016-01-13, 17:12)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]You can with a raspberry pi and some double-sided sticky tape.

I prefer velcro Angel
(2016-01-13, 17:21)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-13, 17:12)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]You can with a raspberry pi and some double-sided sticky tape.

I prefer velcro Angel
I was just going for a basic installation - velcro's a good upgrade, I agree. Nod
If you wall mount it and cant get to the pi behind the TV you need USB to reboot. Then add a USB power switch ! Raspberry Pi's do lock up !
(2016-01-13, 16:38)Cydrone Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, can I get a pointer on how to add Kodi to my Smart Samsung TV? I followed a youtube video but it did not work.

Thanks
That YouTube video that you watched, came from a Kodi parody YouTube channel. Every tutorial on that channel are all fakes. The holder of that channel even has a disclaimer stating that these are fake videos.
(2016-01-13, 18:12)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]If you wall mount it and cant get to the pi behind the TV you need USB to reboot. Then add a USB power switch ! Raspberry Pi's do lock up !
It's okay, I have a core drill. Wink
then I will need a full tutorial on Rasperri PI and loading Kodi to it.
meh Rasperri PI seems difficult....I just keep using Chromecast from my Androids
There is a complete howto on the OpenELEC wiki.
Using OpenElec and a PC for writing the micro-SD card, you can be up and running in about 5 minutes, most of which are waiting for the image to write to the card. See here for the OE wiki install how-to, as mentioned by @nickr
(2016-01-13, 22:41)Cydrone Wrote: [ -> ]meh Rasperri PI seems difficult....I just keep using Chromecast from my Androids
ChromeCast is weak, the video playback from Kodi will be choppy. Not a very pleasant experience.