Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: M8S Amlogic S812 DTS-HD availability on newer versions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I have just bought an M8S TV Box.
What surprised me is that the device is equipped with Kodi 14.2 by default from factory, and in this 14.2 version settings I can check settings for DTS HD MA and Dolby TrueHD passthrough.
After updating Kodi to newer version this option disappears.

Is there a way to fix that?
My videos with DTS HD won't work on 14.2 version Sad (receiver gets DTS HD stream, but no audio is output and video is really choppy)

Thank you in advance,
greq333

EDIT: Actually changing anything in the audio tab results in NO AUDIO or weird shreeks
(2016-01-13, 17:02)greq333 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

I have just bought an M8S TV Box.
What surprised me is that the device is equipped with Kodi 14.2 by default from factory, and in this 14.2 version settings I can check settings for DTS HD MA and Dolby TrueHD passthrough.
After updating Kodi to newer version this option disappears.

Is there a way to fix that?
My videos with DTS HD won't work on 14.2 version Sad (receiver gets DTS HD stream, but no audio is output and video is really choppy)

Thank you in advance,
greq333

EDIT: Actually changing anything in the audio tab results in NO AUDIO or weird shreeks

Time to get a more powerful device, the M8S is riddled with firmware problems.
You can try to find a custom ROM among the hundreds of clones on freaktab forum.
Oh, too bad, is Nvidia Shield TV a good choice?

I have seen that bitstreaming is still WIP, but also I have seen numerous posts saying that the newest beta version of Jarvis has the needed tweaks for it to work.
Nvidia Shield is a great box for Android TV and Kodi but please use one of the available threads