Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pre-installed addons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently bought an android tv box. It comes pre-installed with kodi. Also pre-installed are kodi addons that don't work or I have no interest in them. How can I get rid of them?
Without more info it may be difficult to help you. Hopefully you should be able to go into the settings -> applications on the android box and remove the kodi installation. once removed you can install kodi from the googleplay store or manually from the APK file.

instructions here: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Android
The uninstall buttons for these addons are grayed out. I did uninstall Kodi (even cleared data before uninstalling). When I re-installed Kodi from the Play store, all the pre-installed addons were still there! Of course the addons I installed myself were gone.
delete your userdata (wiki) directory
Deleted Userdata folder. Restarted Kodi. Addons still there.

It's a Goobang Doo M8S Plus box.
Ask Goobang Doo
Bwaaahaaahaaa!!!
Delete the Kodi folder one level up from the userdata (wiki) folder.

If that doesn't work then as @nickr says, talk to the supplier and complain that they've sold you a box full of unsupported piracy add-ons making use of illegal sources that violates the Kodi Foundations terms of service and demand your money back,
is the android box pre-rooted if you got root access ? removing the shitty addon shouldnt be an issue.

@cd2022 dont get why your laughing atleast this user is removing the crap instead of asking on how to install the crap.
(2016-01-14, 10:42)swetoast Wrote: [ -> ]@cd2022 dont get why your laughing atleast this user is removing the crap instead of asking on how to install the crap.

It's also the reason why this thread is getting support responses rather than a visit to the bin. It's the only scenario we'd touch such a box.
hence the only reason im giving my 2 cents on the issue trying to help the user resolve the issue.
(2016-01-14, 10:48)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-14, 10:42)swetoast Wrote: [ -> ]@cd2022 dont get why your laughing atleast this user is removing the crap instead of asking on how to install the crap.

It's also the reason why this thread is getting support responses rather than a visit to the bin. It's the only scenario we'd touch such a box.

Sorry, can't help myself with the box maker's name.
(2016-01-14, 10:48)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]

+1 bin
ok I deleted the org.xmbc.kodi folder, uninstalled kodi through the Setup menu, rebooted and reinstalled kodi. The garbage is gone!! What a relief. Thanks for your help guys.
(2016-01-14, 19:08)cd2022 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, can't help myself with the box maker's name.

Yes, it is a comical name. The other thing is pressing space-shift switches the keyboard into Chinese. Very irrirating since I always seem to accidentally trigger it Undecided
Pages: 1 2