Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Different responses on different machines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wrote some python for parsing commands for Kodi from an Amazon Echo. It works for me, but some people are having some issues with the responses that are being handed back by Kodi.

Example 1:
User follows my instructions here: https://github.com/m0ngr31/kodi-alexa and setups an OpenShift server that handles the requests. For some reason, this keeps having errors because when it tries to get a list of movies from Kodi, it doesn't return the movies key in the object. But when I run it from my local machine talking to that server, it works fine. We ended up switching from OpenShift to Heroku and the problem went away. But I am running mine off of OpenShift with the exact same code and it works great.

Example 2:
User has exact same problem on OpenShift, and moves code to a local server on their own network. Same exact error is manifesting. Everything seems to be talking properly, since there is a response, just not one that returns the movie or tv_shows keys.

On both of these examples, the Stop, Play, or Pause commands would return 200 responses, but would fail to perform the action, even though I could do the action from my computer with the same code.

Any suggestions?