Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can not find title to classic tv show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I am use mkv to save my leave it to beaver dvd and use kodi to access this file, kodi cannot find the disc information for this title. I have checked the tvdb.com website and the information is there for my dvd. How do i make Kodi find this information. i have it set up to go to the tvdb for the information but no luck... any suggestions?
https://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=71575

\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver
\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver\Season 00\S00E01 - It's A Small World (Pilot Episode).mkv
\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver\Season 00\S00E02 - Beaver's Savings Bond.mkv

\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver\Season 01\
\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver\Season 01\S01E01 - Beaver Gets 'Spelled.mkv
\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver\Season 01\S01E02 - Captain Jack.mkv
\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver\Season 01\S01E03 - The Black Eye.mkv

\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver
\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver\Season 02\
\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver\Season 02\S02E01 - Beaver's Poem .mkv
\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver\Season 02\S02E02 - Eddie's Girl .mkv
\Media\Tv\Leave it to Beaver\Season 02\S02E03 - Ward's Problem .mkv

etc...
Bry- Thanks for the reply, i am not sure how to do what you are saying. Where is these items saved to be able to access them. I have my folder going to the mkv folder to pull the information. SHould i have the mkv saves go somewhere else?
I think it is a suggestion on how to organize and name your media so the scraper will be able to identify the mkv files.
curti,

so it will not be able to pull the information from "the tvdb.com"? if not is there an easy way for me to transfer the information over with out typing or copy and pasting all the information.

Sorry i am new to this just started today and trying to learn.
I have never used this program personally but many people are very fond of TheRenamer
Kodi will not be able to recognize the tv episode files if they are not properly sorted and or named.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
Filebot is great.
Thread moved to OS independent section.