Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Air mouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just purchased an air mouse 2.4 g goo bang doo.
I'm trying to pair it with my android TV box. Apparently my user name is accurate. The directions that came with the remote do not help.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Ask Goobang doo
Save yourself a lot of trouble. Send it back and get the oval shaped air mouse/keyboard with the 2.4Ghz receiver which is actually usable in that you can shut off the air mouse feature just by pressing a key or flipping the unit so the keyboard side is uppermost. Do a search or two and you'll find a lot of people gave up on the rectangular units because they kept automatically turning the mouse feature back on after 20 seconds of sleep instead of staying in sleep mode.

I've had mine, the more ergonomic oval shaped unit, since last February and it works great. Recharges via microUSB -runs a really long time on a charge, couple of months is possible. A battery gauge or flashing LED pattern or something would have been handy, but it lasts so long on a charge that simply plugging it in once in a while when you're done viewing for the night shouldn't be a big deal. Takes just a little getting used to as the O & P keys are moved out of the standard QWERTY pattern to the bottom-most row of keys just to the right of the spacebar.

These things work great and at around $14USD are very hard to beat for casual searching and password entry for add-ons, etc. Unless you're going to be doing a whole lot of typing you'll love the little bugger and the air mouse feature is just plain cool. The first time you use it and realize that the mouse function auto calibrates(re-centers) based on how far you move the mouse past a screen edge in any direction and then start moving it back you'll think it's the coolest thing since time sliced processing...(sorry, that was OldUberGeek for "since sliced bread")