Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to use built-in functions to tune to a specific channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there I was wondering what the Built-in function would be to be able to tune to a specific channel.

Thanks so much.
(2016-01-16, 09:08)Aaron_Lloyd Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there I was wondering that the Built-in function would be to be able to tune to a specific channel.

Thanks so much.

What is your question again?
"That" should be "what", I just made the edit. I want to know what the built-in command (http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions) that would let me tune to a specific channel on TV or radio. I can't seem to figure out what it'd be from the list.
The only way I would think is you are attempting to modify a skin.xml/s in conjunction with an add-on or KODI PVR section?

Unless your familiar with skinning? There is a lot involved, would it be practical to add as favourites?
My plan was to create some commands for VoxCommando and Yatse as they both have the ability to execute any built-in function. I think Vox also has the ability to use JSON commands but I've always been under the impression that built-in functions were easier so that's why I'm asking about them specifically.
I hate to bump but I feel like this is a simple question, There should be a command that can be sent to do this, presumably Yatse and other Kodi remotes already use this type of command to do their channel tuning.
(2016-01-23, 00:27)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]For a json method see
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1607144

Awesome! Thanks! Is there a built-in function that allows for tuning to a specific channel taht you know of out of curiosity?

EDIT: I can't seem to figure out how to get the JSON command to work. Undecided
As an example this is what Vox uses to open the Pandora addon: Addons.ExecuteAddon&&"addonid":"script.audio.pandora"

How would I translate your json to something like that?