Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MusicOverlay replacement Q?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

As of Jarvis MusicOverlay.xml is no more so I was wondering if someone could help me understand what I'd have to do if my skin still effectively needs it?

This was what I had in MusicOverlay.xml:

Code:
<window>
    <onload condition="IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted)) + Skin.Hassetting(MusicAuto)">Action(fullscreen)</onload>
    <onload condition="!IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted)) + Skin.Hassetting(MusicAuto)">ClearProperty(fullscreenstarted,home)</onload>
    <onload condition="IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted)) + Skin.Hassetting(MusicAuto)">SetProperty(fullscreenstarted,true,home)</onload>
    <onload condition="system.hasaddon(script.artistslideshow) + IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ArtistSlideShowLoaded))">RunScript(script.artistslideshow, daemon=True)</onload>
    <onload>Skin.Reset(rotationtimer)</onload>
    <onload>AlarmClock(similarartistsmove,Control.Move(5222,1),00:04,silent,loop)</onload>
    <onload>AlarmClock(NowPlaying,Skin.ToggleSetting(rotationtimer),00:15,silent,loop)</onload>
    <onload>SetProperty(ArtistSlideShowLoaded,True,Home)</onload>
    <onunload>CancelAlarm(NowPlaying,true)</onunload>
    <onunload>CancelAlarm(similarartistsmove,true)</onunload>
    <onunload>Skin.Reset(rotationtimer)</onunload>
    <defaultcontrol>-</defaultcontrol>
    <controls></controls>
</window>

Right now, I'd just like to get the (MusicAuto) parts working again, what this did is that if the setting is active and the user plays music then MusicVizualisation is automatically loaded.

I've created a custom, as per what Ronie suggest in the skin changes thread, and I believe I should replace !IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted)) with Player.HasAudio but what else would require modification for this new custom to be executed?

I know the alarmclocks are going to have to be lost as I believe they are don't work in Jarvis onwards? Had to remove a lot of them from the skin due to constant crashing / freezing!

TIA for any help / advice you can offer

Regards,

Mike.
Try this -

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window type="dialog" id="1100">
    <visible>Player.HasAudio</visible>
    <onload condition="IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted)) + Skin.Hassetting(MusicAuto)">Action(fullscreen)</onload>
    <onload condition="!IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted)) + Skin.Hassetting(MusicAuto)">ClearProperty(fullscreenstarted,home)</onload>
    <onload condition="IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fullscreenstarted)) + Skin.Hassetting(MusicAuto)">SetProperty(fullscreenstarted,true,home)</onload>
    <onload condition="system.hasaddon(script.artistslideshow) + IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ArtistSlideShowLoaded))">RunScript(script.artistslideshow, daemon=True)</onload>
    <onload>Skin.Reset(rotationtimer)</onload>
    <onload>AlarmClock(similarartistsmove,Control.Move(5222,1),00:04,silent,loop)</onload>
    <onload>AlarmClock(NowPlaying,Skin.ToggleSetting(rotationtimer),00:15,silent,loop)</onload>
    <onload>SetProperty(ArtistSlideShowLoaded,True,Home)</onload>
    <onunload>CancelAlarm(NowPlaying,true)</onunload>
    <onunload>CancelAlarm(similarartistsmove,true)</onunload>
    <onunload>Skin.Reset(rotationtimer)</onunload>
    <defaultcontrol>-</defaultcontrol>
    <controls></controls>
</window>
Thanks Hitcher,

created that as a custom_XXXX_MusicOverlay.xml in the 1080i folder but after a restart it doesn't seem to do anything? Is there a final step to integrate the custom into the skin?

Mike.

EDIT: Ignore me Hitch, there was a problem with the MusicAuto switch. Seems to be working just like before. Thanks you Hitcher for your time and help.