Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Android] Kodi 15/16 live TV pause and resumes broken, 3 different boxes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since Kodi 15, while watching Live TV (BBC, ITV, and Dave mostly) the stream/picture will pause sometimes, and continues after few seconds, with no audio and picture stutter.

This happens at least once every hour.

Kodi 16.0 beta 1..4/5 Jarvis does the same no audio and picture stutter after a pause.

Same issue on all my boxes , CS918, Minix X5 and Amlogic S805.
All boxes running latest kitkat firmware.

http://pastebin.com/raw/yKZkYb4Y
http://pastebin.com/raw/DpkDu0kT

Video clips show what happens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7YcP_jL...e=youtu.be

Kodi 14.2 works fine will pause and reusme with no issues all day long.

Any ideas welcome.
Cheers
no one looking into this, ... eventually found some info....

"Since switching to Kodi 15 cannot watch Live Uk Tv anymore, its all we watch mostly.
Picture pauses and resumes without audio+Jittery picture, and does not recover, have to stop and start."

"..................
Yes i know of that problem, sadly i cant do much about it, they made changes to the internal structure of how the lib works..."
Tried adjusting the buffering settings in advancedsettings.xml? Does it change the situation?

I can confirm that from the beginning of 15.x something changes in LiveTV and KODI. I have DAB stuttering since Version 15 with DVB Logic addon, which is working fine in Version 14.x.
My logfiles look nearly the same as yours. I couldn't solve it until now.
Different advancedsettings.xml setups make no difference, even disabled logging. Issue persists.

Using 14.2 for now.
Kodi 16.0 RC 1, 2 and 3 , live TV issue persists.

Still have to use Kodi 14.2 .
to add to above post ...

Kodi 17 , and VidOn XBMC 15.2.2 (VidOn Core enabled) work fine,
do not have this Live TV issue.
I have an AML s805 and mine was freezing with all versions...and sometimes on its own. I posted something in an old thread to explain what I did to fix mine. I did a lot of searching and one guy on a Youtube thread said to turn the box upside down. I did... and I played a bunch of videos and it didn't freeze. Heat! Maybe v15 and v16 are working your processor harder. The MXQ is a horribly designed box. The heat sink bleeds heat into a metal plate screwed to the top of the box with a sensor on it. No way for the heat to escape. It heats up... sensor says to turn it off. Works by electrical design... but it's still annoying.

So I moved the sensor to the side and took out the plate. Replaced it with a laptop 5v fan (modified by clipping the fins a bit so it will fit and used quality double faced tape to fasten it). Ran the wire to the usb port and the fan is at full speed (and rather loud for a small fan) when you power it on. I did a full test at my cottage (just got back actually) where there is no lack of heat. I have 3 boxes and did a full weekend test. The fan-modded version in the back bedroom ran almost 3 full days with no freezing (and it gets warm in there). The one in the living area where there is plenty of air moving, I tried turning it upside down... it didn't freeze. The one in my bedroom where the heat usually gets trapped in froze twice and it was also upside down.

For me.... I think it's heat. The fan trick fixed my problem as far as I can tell. Now I just need to turn 5v to 3v so the fan isn't as loud. A trip to the Source is my next stop.

If you want a quicker test.. just take it out of the case CAREFULLY and see if it lasts longer. Even use a desk fan for a more thorough test.