Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Videos are only playing in top left corner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just received a MXQ box and everything seems good until I go to stream a video. The kodi software displays across the full TV, however, the video only plays in the top left hand corner (fills only 25% of the screen). The box is running Android 5.1 and Kodi 15.2. Is there a setting that I'm missing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Try searching the forum, but it is probably either the setting of your screen resolution on the Android settings screen (if 1080P try 720P, or vice versa, I forget.) or related to needing to run a version designed to allow some AMLogic hardware to work. You can try shutting off AMLogic hardware decoding or find the correct version of KODI -see the stickied topic: Amlogic: zoomed or not fullscreen picture at: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=236822

I think from reading the thread that the fix should be available in any versions from 15.2 onward...

Make sure you back up the version of KODI that came with your box in case you need to restore it, it may be a custom version hacked to make the box hardware work. You may need to uninstall the current version before trying to replace it with the version from the link I included -if it won't install that's what you must do.

Good luck!
Which add-on(s) are you using to stream your content? Where is it coming from?

A debug log (wiki) may help, if you're not talking about a banned add-on (wiki).
I first updated Kodi to 15.2 and that did not correct the problem. Then based on the provided advice I changed the display setting from 1080p - 60hz to 1080p - 50hz and the video was now displaying in full screen. Who would have thought. Thank you for all the help suggestions!
Good luck! Whatever works, I suppose...

I've personally seen this issue pop up with a 32" 720P HDTV(brand escapes me) that was connected to an S812 based CX-S806 box that a friend asked me to select/set up for him this past October.

As I recall, the solution in his case was that I simply changed the box from AUTO for the Android HDMI Output to the 720P@60Hz setting and all was well. He's since bought a 40" HiSense 1080P HDTV(Walmart for $150 on Black Friday! "Such a deal!" -I paid $500 for a 50" HiSense Smart TV only a year prior) and all I did when we swapped his old set out was go into the Android settings and change the HDMI Output to 1080P@60Hz. He's reported no issues, lives next door -so I imagine all is well, and I believe I put the KODI version 15.2 RC2 or RC3 on his box originally as Koying had posted his Stickied solution back in August.

I'm not positive why the HDMI settings changes are working, I assume it was a coding issue, likely an AML related SDK mess from scuttlebutt gathered, nor am I positive that changing the HDMI Output settings will work with all media formats, but if it does, great! I thought the whole thing had originally been addressed with Koying's fix(es?) applied to the link I made above and in my friend's case was just a matter of the HDMI Auto Detect Android setting causing problems somehow.

Frankly, between any number of SOC manufacturers, TV box hardware manufacturers with varying firmwares/Android versions and board layouts/secondary components and KODI development as a separate entity entirely from all of that lot, I'm amazed that anything works on any given model most days. One might liken it to a blind man flying in an open cockpit airplane, whilst performing acrobatics, shooting an apple off a person's head with a crossbow -who just happens to be seated in another airplane performing acrobatics and yelling directions to the shooter. You may safely conclude that I am heartily in favor of vertical integration to whatever extent one may accomplish it!
(2016-01-20, 04:51)proreach Wrote: [ -> ]I just received a MXQ box and everything seems good until I go to stream a video. The kodi software displays across the full TV, however, the video only plays in the top left hand corner (fills only 25% of the screen). The box is running Android 5.1 and Kodi 15.2. Is there a setting that I'm missing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

See my post H E R E
hope it will help you out !!