Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: USB-SDCARD Wizard can't backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

First time posting here and a very unexperienced user of Kodi to begin with so bare with me if there seems to be something I am doing wrong.

I want to make a FULL BACKUP onto a USB stick so that I can factory reset my fire tv, but every time I set the directory for the backup to be made I get errors and it tells me to check the log for more information.

I have made sure that my USB has enough space on it and that it is also FAT32 as I read this is the only file system that the Fire TV will read.

I even tried to make a backup directly onto the Fire TV and copy it onto the USB but that also failed with an error saying check log.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Have you tried the other backup addon called Backup?
That add-on (the OP one) comes from a banned add-on (wiki) repo and so is not supported.

Take care with the sources you use.
Have you tried the settings in the Fire TV. Make sure that USB Debugging is off. It will not work with it on.

Hope this helps.
can i backupin one device and restor onother?
thank you
Yes, although it they are using different operating systems then the restore may not be complete.