Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiMedia Q10 or H8 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey

has anyone the Himedia Q10 or the H8 already tested ?

I was looking to buy something equivalent or same , but i'm not sure yet. I just tested the Shield and that is way to unstable .

Anyone have other suggestions or hints about those 2 devices ?

Thanks
shield way to unstable? Geez...been working perfectly for me since the day i bought it
Well , some thinks i noted about the shield :
1. switching between refresh rates is annoying (24p and 50hZ for example)
2. Dolby Digital + is not working correctly

Those are 2 criteria where Shield gets thrown out immediately.

Regards,
(2016-01-20, 18:22)DrPepper Wrote: [ -> ]Well , some thinks i noted about the shield :
1. switching between refresh rates is annoying (24p and 50hZ for example)
2. Dolby Digital + is not working correctly

Those are 2 criteria where Shield gets thrown out immediately.

Regards,

1: 24p is fine for me, dunno about 50hz so cant talk about that
2: Have you tried the experimental kodi listed at the top of this forum? it is suppose to have HD audio pass through on it. Never tired DD+ in kod, just DD and DTS. Havent tried the HD pass through ones yet as they are a low priority for me

Sorry, i have no experience on the other boxes your suggesting, but being on this forum enough shows that there has been tons of problems with alot of the cheepo boxes. Im extremely happy with the ShieldTV
True HD works , but if you need DD+ , for example some Atmos Titles use the DD+ Format , specifically for German Atmos , that 's not working.

But yes, i did use the experimental Kodi.
srsly? the Shield is an established platform from a respected manufacturer that is well-supported around here, and you feel like getting some no-name Android boxes instead? please register at freaktab.com.
wtf Huh??

Dude, these are 2 criterias that are important for me . They are not working . Period. If they do work in the future then i'll look into it. Other than that who are you to judge me Huh
(2016-01-20, 21:18)DrPepper Wrote: [ -> ]wtf Huh??

Dude, these are 2 criterias that are important for me . They are not working . Period. If they do work in the future then i'll look into it. Other than that who are you to judge me Huh

Actually, it does work well using a test build. You need this build:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

You need to enable passthrough under Settings, System, Audio Output and check all the boxes your receiver can decode.

Can't blame him for calling you out on a stupid idea. No name = no support = crappy experience.
I didn't judge you, I pointed you the way to reality.
(2016-01-20, 21:22)danjames92 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, it does work well using a test build. You need this build:

You need to enable passthrough under Settings, System, Audio Output and check all the boxes your receiver can decode.

Can't blame him for calling you out on a stupid idea. No name = no support = crappy experience.

As i wrote in my previous post, i did use that version. And Once again , Atmos with True HD works , but Atmos with Dolby Digital + does not.

Quote:I was looking to buy something equivalent or same , but i'm not sure yet. I just tested the Shield and that is way to unstable .

as well i did not ask specifically for those 2 but in general if there are other devices out there that could do what the Shield is supposed to do.
(2016-01-20, 21:26)DrPepper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-20, 21:22)danjames92 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, it does work well using a test build. You need this build:

As i wrote in my previous post, i did use that version. And Once again , Atmos with True HD works , but Atmos with Dolby Digital + does not.

Quote:I was looking to buy something equivalent or same , but i'm not sure yet. I just tested the Shield and that is way to unstable .

as well i did not ask specifically for those 2 but in general if there are other devices out there that could do what the Shield is supposed to do.

And as people pointed out to you in that thread, that combination of extensions and codecs is so rare it's unheard of so of course work needs to be done to get it working. Get a NUC with OpenELEC on it and be happy.
Already have a NUC with Openelec ;-)
(2016-01-20, 21:33)DrPepper Wrote: [ -> ]Already have a NUC with Openelec ;-)

If it doesn't work on that, you won't find something that does. Smile
I never said it doesn't work on the NUC. It does, everything does in fact. I am just looking into future Hardware with good specs. that's all.