Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: use the grafic-chip to render hd kontent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
first sorry for my bad english...

isnt it posible to use the grafic chip to help out the cpu when playing hd movies?

or is hd play on xbox1 out of the question completly?
use the search functionality. gpu decoding has been talked about in many threads
evn with hd stuff ?
yeah, it was my first post too. There is something like an 11 page thread that ends with "it's impossible."
k then i have 2 by a tvix4400 or somthing
blakholephysics Wrote:yeah, it was my first post too. There is something like an 11 page thread that ends with "it's impossible."

Say better "it's really dificult"... there have been a lot of people using GPUs for standard routines, you only have to twike the data and program the GPU to do so...
you only have to...

submit a patch then
El Piranna Wrote:Say better "it's really dificult"... there have been a lot of people using GPUs for standard routines, you only have to twike the data and program the GPU to do so...

Such an anti-climax thereLaugh from "really difficult" to "only have to tweak.."

But I agree, one should preferably see it's extremely difficult, than not doable. But maybe the coders are afraid to say something is feasible(though I'm sure this isn't particularly feasible) in order to not get everyone whining about it.

It would be very nice if the GPU could be utilized in a fancy way, but considering this is the end of the xbox lifecycle(probably on borrowed time), it's unlikely they'll put too much energy on the issue.

But if you've been working on that patch please don't hesitate releasing it Big Grin
if you get hd playing on xbox1 it will be no1 mediaplayer Wink
spiff Wrote:you only have to...

submit a patch then

We have here gosths... in the e-mail preview it puted "submit a path einstein" :p No, i don't have the skills to do this, but i have liked since a lot of ttime the use of GPUs as a second CPU, but it's really dificult to do so. In any case, when you can do it, the results are really amazing... Smile

P.D.: the first one similar thing i remember about that... was at an Amiga computer, using the Sound pre-processor to calculate 3d graphics :p