Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to make "Video" window the default upon startup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to have the Videos Window or "tab" be selected upon startup.

If I select this as the startup window within the skin it actually opens up a window to select video files or sources rather than just moving focus to the Videos tab.

I used to have this working and I suspect it was a tweak in one of the xml files which I have now unfortunately lost. Anyone help please?
Maybe you want to try this Confluence-like Skin - the main menu item order is as follows: Movies, TV-Shows, Videos, ... (First item is focused). Would be relatively to switch around in the Home.xml though.
Don't really want to change skins - this was working for me til I lost my OpenElec USB yesterday, without a recent backup :-(

Pretty sure its just a quick tweak in an XML file but I made it several years ago and can't find the details.
So the line in question is in guisettings.xml:

<startupwindow>10006</startupwindow>

Which should be the Videos window. But its acting as if I pressed <enter> on this window. How do I just set the focus to Videos rather than going into the window?
I would use an autoxec.py and the built in functions:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Autoexec.py