Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 16.0 Jarvis Release Candidate 1 buggy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Kodi with OS X 10.11.3

The Problem started with Kodi 16.0 beta 5 and continues with the Release Candidate 1

The player does not support anymore most of the FLAC files. It fails and states that the file is not supported or it even crashes completely.
Until Kodi 16.0 beta 4 everything seamed OK.

So I stepped back to Kodi 15.2.
No Debug Log and crashlog means there's no problem. Coming here complaining like you just did helps no one.
Sorry, playing audio files is a basic feature. Everybody can try and test this. If you guys don't test basic features like this before launching a release is a clear statement. Talk back to the guy/guys doing such major mistakes and don't blame me.

On temporary problems and so on I would surely provide you log files. But for such an obvious problem you need just to open your eyes and do a basic test.

KODI is a great application. But such neglectfulness is bad for the whole development team. They investigating days and nights and in the end of the day such a stupid mistake makes the whole release useless. That did help no one.
If you want it fixed i suggest you invest some time in providing info.
NEVER assume anything is basic feature.

Developers invest day and night and you can't even care to provide the needed info. Guess making these releases available for testing to users is useless. A small team can't test everything so that's we we really on useful reports that help fixing stuff that might be missed.
(2016-01-22, 16:34)GM_xx Wrote: [ -> ]KODI is a great application. But such neglectfulness is bad for the whole development team. They investigating days and nights and in the end of the day such a stupid mistake makes the whole release useless. That did help no one.

RC1 happens to be one of the best RC releases I can remember. Kodi team did an outstanding job!

If you want help you really need to provide a debug log and not insult the developers who pour countless hours into providing you free software.
There was a change for AC/DC import bug after Beta 4 that may effect scanning but its impossible to tell as you have not posted a debug log yet.
(2016-01-22, 17:36)zag Wrote: [ -> ]There was a change for AC/DC import bug after Beta 4 that may effect scanning but its impossible to tell as you have not posted a debug log yet.

Zag that change didn't effect FLAC files, only ID3 v2.3 tagged mp3 so very unlikely to have anyhting to do with this (never say never!).

We do need a debug log, but I wish we had been more polite about it.