Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Merge the Files and Library views
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure it would even be possible since the file and library views probably work quite differently but it is kind of confusing having the two different ways of getting to your media.

It would be perfect if somehow the library view could just incorporate all your media even if you haven't scanned it yet. I know it really wouldn't work to go by all the different genres/artists/director/etc for unscanned media but maybe it could include the file name under title (for videos) and under songs (for music)?
no.
spiff Wrote:no.

I like this response, straight to the point!
spiff Wrote:no.

Yeah, it was just a suggestion. I know, even though I like all the options in library view, I almost always find myself using the files view because it is dynamic. Whatever I've added to my media server is always there. If I haven't remembered to scan recently then the library is missing a lot of stuff and with 3 different xbox's spread around the house I don't scan as often as I should.

I guess the next best option is the ability to automatically scan all your bookmarks in the background for new content without any user interaction. The only problem with that though is, if you aren't using nfo files to point to the correct URL, it will sometimes get it wrong.