Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scrape album metadata (including cover)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

This has puzzled me for quite some time now. I want to scrape albums from a script. Using the universal scraper is fine (although I'd like for the covers to be stored along with the albums)

From a script, using the albumDBID, or any value(s) as long as I can provide them directly, I really want to be able to find and store the extra metadata (such as cover and review).

Ideally I would end up with a script I can call that simply scrapes a single album.

It doesn't necessarily have to be from "my own" script. An onclick action inside my skin would do it, as I can provide all the necessary info to the script from inside the skin. Can I somehow call the universal metadata script directly, to do it's magic on a single album?

I cannot however rely on my skin exposing any kind of "confluence"-style controlID's or layouts at all. My skin is mixing media and has lots of panels with various lists on screen at once. Also I really don't use any of the extended skin xmls (such as info). And I don't have any RMB-menus. (Skin is LMB and mouse only).

Any help is very much appreciated, as I really found no way to attack this problem.
Should I ask this question somewhere else?
You could make context menu add-on?
Hi Zag. If you know more please tell. Perhaps you know What function should I call, and what params must I pass?