Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm a fairly novice Kodi user, but love it! I read/watched lots of tutorials to set it up when I got my NVIDIA Shield upon release. I have a decent size music/video library on a network share (seagate central).

I have been running into two main problems recently which I cannot seem to fix despite reading around.

1 - I am getting "cannot connect to remote server" error every time I use the system. It is giving this error when trying to scrape data from a few odd video files (music documentary, piano lessons, etc). I have tried disabling the auto update for library, but it still attempts to update EVERY TIME I use the machine.

2 - I am getting more and more buffering issues when attempting to stream movies/shows. It seems more often than not now, that files just won't play! I know there are many reasons that this can happen, I just wonder whether I have something set up wrong.

Id love a little guidance. Thanks
Just removing the names of the banned piracy add-ons you are using that got your original thread binned is not going to get you support.

You'd need to remove the offending add-ons first and then provide a debug log if you can replicate the issue.
(2016-01-25, 01:36)scottyj11 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I'm a fairly novice Kodi user, but love it! I read/watched lots of tutorials to set it up when I got my NVIDIA Shield upon release. I have a decent size music/video library on a network share (seagate central).

I have been running into two main problems recently which I cannot seem to fix despite reading around.

1 - I am getting "cannot connect to remote server" error every time I use the system. It is giving this error when trying to scrape data from a few odd video files (music documentary, piano lessons, etc). I have tried disabling the auto update for library, but it still attempts to update EVERY TIME I use the machine.

2 - I am getting more and more buffering issues when attempting to stream movies/shows. It seems more often than not now, that files just won't play! I know there are many reasons that this can happen, I just wonder whether I have something set up wrong.

Id love a little guidance. Thanks

I hope no one helps you.
I've seen people speak ill of this forum due to the attitude of some users so I will just say this. You answered your own question. Buffering issues with streamed sources can be any number of things and unlikely to be local to you. If you have an issue streaming sources within your own network then you may get some help.