Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Portuguese PT translation mistake!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please do not translate "add-ons" into "extras" in the Portuguese PT version of Kodi. It is NOT an equivalent expression and it confuses the users, because it has always been "add-ons". It is already causing a fuss on the portuguese Kodi community.

Seeing that we are all already used to see "add-ons", I don't get why should it be adapted into extras. It simply serves no purpose and is, plainly said, confusing.

I sincerely hope to see this corrected before Kodi 16 comes out, and your PT translation team leader needs to pay atention.
Already suggested new translation on the places were "extra" was used instead of "add-on".
On the same topic, why translating "Music Add-ons" as "Música - Add-ons" and not "Add-ons de música"?
To choose a portuguese word, why not "Extensões" instead of "Extras"?
I also think "Extras" is not the best word for that... Anyway, they may have their reasons
I think that was approved without thinking.

Or at least was translated in other languages to the equivalent of "extra"?
Weird reading "Extras" Lol, no translation so plz add back the "Add-ons", well not that get on my nerves... i simple change it on my installations... but is extra futile work...
Only need register in transifex website, and request access for translate to PT, and fix yourself..was translated for someone with access project...go there and fix for addons, simple.

Don´t exist approve, any person with access change and done...

https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/
humans are not accept changes
(2016-02-09, 16:50)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Only need register in transifex website, and request access for translate to PT, and fix yourself..was translated for someone with access project...go there and fix for addons, simple.

Don´t exist approve, any person with access change and done...

https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/

+1. So many complains with a single word (which was maybe submitted out of context) and yet more than 180 strings to be translated...
I guess not many people understand how open-source works.
(2016-02-09, 17:23)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]+1. So many complains with a single word (which was maybe submitted out of context) and yet more than 180 strings to be translated...
I guess not many people understand how open-source works.

?