Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shortcut key for subtitles menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
Is there a shortcut key to open the subtitles menu during video playback ?
If not, is it possible to configure one?

Thanks
No, but if all you want to do is switch subtitles on and off it's possible to use the "NextSubtitle" action since one of the selections is Off, this is mapped to the l key by default.
No, what I want is two things - open the download subtitle dialog and the subtitle offset.
No way to configure custom shortcut in kodi?
No. You can navigate to the OSD player settings while your video continues and select the tab that contains the adjustments you seek providing you can assign keystroke 'M'.
Or, you can purchase a remote that has programmable buttons you can assign at will that go directly to the command, bypassing navigation.
I use a harmony and assign shortcuts from various templets to every command including audio offset and choice of subs during playback coinciding with KODI internal player and external player using the same keyboard stroke.
I actually have harmony as well. So you suggest I will define a macro that does few keys in order to open that menu? I will try

Update: that indeed worked. I easily configured a macro in my harmony to achieve this. Thanks !