Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video library not working in Jarvis RC1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a multi-room system in which I use Kodi, 3 Android-based boxes and one OS X based box. I recently decided to upgrade them to Jarvis RC1. They all use the same advancedsettings.xml file in order to have a shared library between the devices. They all worked just fine with Isengard. I tried updating them (directly with the APK, no uninstalls), and the video library isn't working at all now. It acts like I have no added sources. I tested the upgrade on 2 of the Android devices, and the OS X box. This is what my advanced settings looks like...

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.2.254</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>password</pass>
    </videodatabase>

    <musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.2.254</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>password</pass>
    </musicdatabase>

     <videolibrary>
          <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
     </videolibrary>

    <video>
        <!-- VideoExtras: Section Start -->
        <excludefromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludetvshowsfromscan>
        <!-- VideoExtras: Section End -->
    </video>
</advancedsettings>

Nothing has changed on my back-end. It's a synology system running phpmyadmin/mariadb, which was working 100% with 15.2
debug log (wiki) needed.
@RBWare.

The error in my setup was that the database was never fully migrated.

I deleted videos99 and started Kodi again.
It took over 5 minutes, but it got it done, and it's now working proberly.

If you use music, remember to delete that one too if that's also faulty.

Oh, and never forget to back it up, i might be wrong xD But it worked for me.
That was it. After seeing your thread I checked my debug log, followed the same procedure (dropped that videos99 db) and restarted. All is well now.