Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Samsung Gear VR and Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, been playing around with Gear VR using KODI.. Works alright, HOWEVER the split screen is to big.

Would be nice if there was a plug-in / add on that would double window (Like under system settings) but make it a smaller DPI ideal for Gear VR.
I would be nice to have it "blanket" and override everything being displayed. That way 3-D movies (Side by side) won't be to huge/ unusable.

I have searched the web without luck of finding much on this.
This should be relatively simple... I would try and help in anyway..

Cheers
did you adjust "video calibration" under system > system > video output
you need to alter the zoom and pixel ratio and then set to all videos

mine is zoom 0.88 and pixel 0.92 ish ..for me this gives it a good wide screen view ..this works for both 2D and 3D
I just got my Samsung Gear VR. How are you using Kodi with VR?
Can anyone guide me on how to set- up Kodi to run on my Gear VR or Google Cardboard ?
Sorry but I'm searching a way to use Kodi with the Gear VR for traveling without having to use a PC.
I know there are media players or virtual cinemas with VR support but none of them are good as KODI when it comes to format compatiblity.
(2016-02-12, 20:59)stuuk12 Wrote: [ -> ]you need to alter the zoom and pixel ratio and then set to all videos

mine is zoom 0.88 and pixel 0.92 ish ..for me this gives it a good wide screen view ..this works for both 2D and 3D

Please detail where these settings are located. Inside Kodi? Detailed instructions somewhere?
Did you get this to work? If so, any tips?

Thanks!
Hello, any update?