Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Basic User Basic Question. Default settings music directory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am so basic I don't know how to actually describe what I want to know in the correct terms, I am sure.
However, is there a way to set Kodi so that when I return to the unit to browse music files, the screen does not default to the last used file or directory, but to the root directory (or something like it) where all my music folders reside?
Thanks.
I would recommend that you try creating a music library rather than just look at a files listing.

I don't know which version of Kodi you have, and you may not have noticed the library feature. Anyway, from the context menu on the file listing you have a "scan to library" item, click on that to create a library using the tag data internal to your music files. Once the scan is complete you will see "Library" under "Music" on the main menu. Explore.
You might want to check out the program add-on "super favourites". I don't use it, so can't be of much help, but I think if you create a favorite for the folder you want, you can use that (instead of the main menu "music" tab) to get what you want.

scott s.
(2016-01-27, 03:50)Cisco2kid Wrote: [ -> ]I am so basic I don't know how to actually describe what I want to know in the correct terms, I am sure.
However, is there a way to set Kodi so that when I return to the unit to browse music files, the screen does not default to the last used file or directory, but to the root directory (or something like it) where all my music folders reside?
Thanks.

i am currently running kodi version Isengard 15.2. and its the most stable version so I think this really good. do we the same version?