Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Skylake (6th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Great, thx for the answer. Ive already ordered oneSmile
I got the nuc and installed win 10 and all the drivers I found on the intel page. I also installed cccp codek pack but there is no support for dths hd or dolby true hd under supported formats in the playback devices.

How am I gonna make it support hd audio?
(2016-10-04, 14:00)josteinruud Wrote: [ -> ]I got the nuc and installed win 10 and all the drivers I found on the intel page. I also installed cccp codek pack but there is no support for dths hd or dolby true hd under supported formats in the playback devices.

How am I gonna make it support hd audio?

the device supports HD audio in Windows, you must be doing something wrong.
Yes Ive been told that but why doesnt it do it then? I installed win 10 pro. Then I installed all the drivers I found on Intels web page after searching for NUC6i3syk (I believe thats waht its called)
No DTS HD support under supported formats.
Installed CCCP Codek pack. Still no HD support.

The NUC is connected with HDMI to my receiver and HDMI from my receiver to my TV. Havent touched this at all after disconnecting my old pc.

I even had a guy from the service group from the shop I bought it try but he didnt make it support HD sound neither...

So I guess Ill return it tomorrow and buy something else. If you guys dont have any good tricks I can try?

I know I had some problems with my old computer once after reinstalling win 10. Then it only supported regular DTS and Dolby digital. Then I kinda gave up and let my son watch a movie with 2.0 stereo sound and when he was finished with that suddenly it supported DTS HD and Dolbu True HD.

I tried that with this new NUC but it didnt help...
When you go into your device manager under audio do you see intell or something else. did you Install the video and audio from the Intel drivers.
yes it says intel display audio. I instsalled all drivers from intels page and even used the automatic driver finder they have.
(2016-10-04, 19:08)josteinruud Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Ive been told that but why doesnt it do it then? I installed win 10 pro. Then I installed all the drivers I found on Intels web page after searching for NUC6i3syk (I believe thats waht its called)
No DTS HD support under supported formats.
Installed CCCP Codek pack. Still no HD support.

The NUC is connected with HDMI to my receiver and HDMI from my receiver to my TV. Havent touched this at all after disconnecting my old pc.

I even had a guy from the service group from the shop I bought it try but he didnt make it support HD sound neither...

So I guess Ill return it tomorrow and buy something else. If you guys dont have any good tricks I can try?

I know I had some problems with my old computer once after reinstalling win 10. Then it only supported regular DTS and Dolby digital. Then I kinda gave up and let my son watch a movie with 2.0 stereo sound and when he was finished with that suddenly it supported DTS HD and Dolbu True HD.

I tried that with this new NUC but it didnt help...

did you try it without installing whatever CCCP codek pack is, its definitely not needed for HD audio, I have a skylake cpu and it supports HD audio out of the box, works great, no issues
yes I tried it before I installed CCCP. Tried right after I installed win 10 and the drivers. Was only supporting dts and dolby digital then.
I cant understand whats wrong, I havent done anything else with this than with the old one and that supported HD straight out of the box...

The guy from the customer department tried several other codeks and media players just to be sure, but no matter what he did the only thing we got it supporting is DTs and DD.
A friend just sent me a picture of his nuc with hd audio support. he only installed win 10 and cccp pack and the support is there. Its almost so I think that its my receiver that doesnt tell my nuc that it supports hd audio formats. can that happen?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11