Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when I download your skin and try to build just the modern rounded textures .xbt using texture packer I get the following errors on almost all the png files:

This is a PNG - lets load it via libpng...
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

and also get
libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB

this doesn't happen on the classic textures.. perhaps they're corrupt in some way?
(2016-06-29, 23:01)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]when I download your skin and try to build just the modern rounded textures .xbt using texture packer I get the following errors on almost all the png files:

This is a PNG - lets load it via libpng...
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

and also get
libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB

this doesn't happen on the classic textures.. perhaps they're corrupt in some way?

Hmmm, I'm using the latest version of the texture packer, should work.
Is it also failing with the stable version on the kodi repo ?
I've installed the stable version from the repo and it also fails on the rounded theme.
ok so I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to do some testing...

build: 0614 is where the problem starts.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2358142

all builds before that work fine with round theme. all build from 0614 do not work with round theme.

hope this helps.
Hi I installed kodi 17 to test but I unable to use the submenu and menus .i have added addons but when I tap the the menus nothing works.is this on my end or is something broken thanks. I am using touch devices
(2016-07-03, 04:06)spursgalea Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I installed kodi 17 to test but I unable to use the submenu and menus .i have added addons but when I tap the the menus nothing works.is this on my end or is something broken thanks. I am using touch devices

Some addons are not launching properly when added via skin shortcuts in krypton.

The best way around this at the moment is to add the addons you want in your menu to your "favourites"
Then, add the "favourite" to your menu instead of a direct link to the addon.
@Marcelveldt

There's a couple of things that are not running very smooth on Krypton Titan that were working much better on jarvis

1. Pvr list view:
The PVR window is very sluggish when a video is playing and you enter the PVR window.
The video is shown in the preview box, but the entire window becomes very slow.
This did not happen on jarvis.
If you exit the window back to home screen everything runs fast again, even with background video enabled. Epg timeline seems to be ok.. Just pvr window. I've tested the estuary skin and that seems to run fine...

2.color picker:
when selecting colors, the color picker window seems to take a lot longer to load the color grid, sometimes up to 50 seconds. This has a always been a little bit slow in the RPI, but it's become incredibly slow since Krypton. This may very well be a kodi/libreelec thing, but there may need to be something changed in the skin helper script to speed this up for Krypton.

3. Spotify:
I've mentioned this in the Spotify addon forum, but I'll mention it anyways.
The Spotify addon is now taking a long time to load/start playing music

Navigating Titan on Krypton seems to be a lot snapier and more responsive in general which is great. Just a few things not quite right...

The reason I'm mentioning these now is because Krypton has been pushed to Alpha 2 and I'm assuming most UI Changes are set in stone, besides a few changes here and there. Perhaps there's things that need updating in these add-ons now?

Cheers,
Loggio.
(2016-07-03, 07:15)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-03, 04:06)spursgalea Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I installed kodi 17 to test but I unable to use the submenu and menus .i have added addons but when I tap the the menus nothing works.is this on my end or is something broken thanks. I am using touch devices

Some addons are not launching properly when added via skin shortcuts in krypton.

The best way around this at the moment is to add the addons you want in your menu to your "favourites"

Thanks I was only testing krypton.I was not going to use it for daliy use.thank you for letting me know that I have not got a problem on my end
I updated my Kodi to version 17 alpha 2 and while using the Estuary skin, I have to say it really looks amazing concerning Movies and TV Shows menus on home screen:

Also all those option to scan my library according to genre, year and so on is simple magnificent. So my question is: is it possible to replicate to Titan those two exact menus? All the buttons, actions, everything, so I can add those two menu items to my homepage menu in Titan?

And is it also possible to replicate to Titan the viewtype widelist Estuary has? It also looks really good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to turn Titan into Estuary, the fact is that I've been using Titan for a very long time and from the beginning I made my Kodi look a lot like Estuary does now, but this was way before Estuary even existed. Check out a print screen:

It really looks a lot like Estuary.

Another question, is it possible to add more than 10 home screen menu items without having to scroll up and down to see them all?

Once again thank you very much for everything and specially for Titan!
(2016-07-01, 00:38)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]ok so I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to do some testing...

build: 0614 is where the problem starts.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2358142

all builds before that work fine with round theme. all build from 0614 do not work with round theme.

hope this helps.

just to add to this

i think it's this commit that's causing issues with the round theme
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9960

It's the only change in the libreelec build notes that stands out to me that's obviously made changes to the way textures are handled.

EDIT:
I can confirm that the PR above is the cause of the issue.
Investigated this issue, milhouse created a test build for me which reverted the suspected PR. Which fixed the issue.
PR is being investigated, see here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9960

Hopefully fixed soon.

Edit 2:
This is now fixed!
See here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10073
And here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2370205

Fix will be in latest Milhouse libreelec nightlies and will follow in next kodi alpha.

Cheers,
Loggio.
(2016-07-03, 07:15)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]

I will add an updated version of the skinshortcuts to the beta repo tonight. That should fix the issues.
(2016-07-03, 07:48)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]1. Pvr list view:
The PVR window is very sluggish when a video is playing and you enter the PVR window.
The video is shown in the preview box, but the entire window becomes very slow.
This did not happen on jarvis.
If you exit the window back to home screen everything runs fast again, even with background video enabled. Epg timeline seems to be ok.. Just pvr window. I've tested the estuary skin and that seems to run fine...

2.color picker:
when selecting colors, the color picker window seems to take a lot longer to load the color grid, sometimes up to 50 seconds. This has a always been a little bit slow in the RPI, but it's become incredibly slow since Krypton. This may very well be a kodi/libreelec thing, but there may need to be something changed in the skin helper script to speed this up for Krypton.

3. Spotify:
I've mentioned this in the Spotify addon forum, but I'll mention it anyways.
The Spotify addon is now taking a long time to load/start playing music

1 +2 --> This very much sounds like Kodi bugs to me or some error in the code that only pops up now in Krypton and wasn't noticed in earlier releases. The Krypton version is exactly the same code as the Jarvis version of the skin with the exception for some changes that had to be done to make it compatible for Krypton. In fact, I'm still coding the skin for Isengard and merge it up to Jarvis and Krypton. Offcourse I'll stop with Isengard as soon as Krypton gets released.

None of the changes should result in the behaviour you're talking about here. What about CPU usage ? Is it maybe piking a lot in Krypton somehow ? BTW: It;'s generally a bad idea on the pi to enable the live video as background or as thumb in the channel list. The pi isn't particular good at rendering the UI together with the video on screen too.

3 --> There's been a change in Krypton that changed the default player. It broke the Spotify addon. Already reported it to the devs.
(2016-07-04, 01:52)pemartins Wrote: [ -> ]Also all those option to scan my library according to genre, year and so on is simple magnificent. So my question is: is it possible to replicate to Titan those two exact menus? All the buttons, actions, everything, so I can add those two menu items to my homepage menu in Titan?

Take a look at the new square submenu which you can enable on your menus. Also a lot of widget options have been added.
In your case:

1) Enable compact header
2) Enable square submenu for your homemenu items
3) Enable large widget

All these can be found in the skin settings, just go ahead and try out the new settings and let me know.
(2016-07-05, 08:28)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]This is now fixed!
See here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10073
And here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2370205

Yeah, I saw the discussion on Git. Thanks for your help tracking down this one !
(2016-07-07, 22:50)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-04, 01:52)pemartins Wrote: [ -> ]Also all those option to scan my library according to genre, year and so on is simple magnificent. So my question is: is it possible to replicate to Titan those two exact menus? All the buttons, actions, everything, so I can add those two menu items to my homepage menu in Titan?

Take a look at the new square submenu which you can enable on your menus. Also a lot of widget options have been added.
In your case:

1) Enable compact header
2) Enable square submenu for your homemenu items
3) Enable large widget

All these can be found in the skin settings, just go ahead and try out the new settings and let me know.

Thank you so much for getting back to me and for your help!

Unfortunately I won't be able to test it right now because I had to go back to Kodi 16.1 since my Kodi was crashing a lot. As soon as a stable version of Kodi 17 comes out I'll try it out and get back to you if I'm not able to do it.

Thank you very much once again!