Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi marcelveldt,

Can we get the zoom effect on library views?
Currently it's available for the home screen widgets 'enabled zoom effect on focused widget'
I'd like this same effect in the library panel views etc...

Also, while we're on that... The zoom effect isn't working for all widgets, only 'large poster' and 'square' none of the other widgets 'Wide box' 'small poster' etc work.

Another small thing I've noticed (really minor) when you select "choose art" in the movie info window, the dialog defaults to 'artwork downloader - poster' instead of defaulting to the first item in the list 'choose art'

Cheers,
Loggio.
(2016-07-09, 02:53)pemartins Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately I won't be able to test it right now because I had to go back to Kodi 16.1 since my Kodi was crashing a lot. As soon as a stable version of Kodi 17 comes out I'll try it out and get back to you if I'm not able to do it.

The new features/settings are available in the Kodi Jarvis version of the skin too.
They are indeed! Just followed your info and I was able to do it! Thank you very much!

I gotta spend some time figuring out how I'll be (re)organizing everything in the future, there are so many great options available... I really gotta start playing around with them. But for now I'll just stick with what I wanted which is to add another couple of tabs to my home menu for the library, one for movies and another for tv shows, with those buttons at the top right and widgets.

Thank you very much for everything once again!
(2016-07-07, 22:50)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-04, 01:52)pemartins Wrote: [ -> ]Also all those option to scan my library according to genre, year and so on is simple magnificent. So my question is: is it possible to replicate to Titan those two exact menus? All the buttons, actions, everything, so I can add those two menu items to my homepage menu in Titan?

Take a look at the new square submenu which you can enable on your menus. Also a lot of widget options have been added.
In your case:

1) Enable compact header
2) Enable square submenu for your homemenu items
3) Enable large widget

All these can be found in the skin settings, just go ahead and try out the new settings and let me know.
I've now done all I wanted and it looks amazing and couldn't be more practical and useful! Only one thing missing: when I focus on an item on the submenu on the top right of the screen, those submenus I'm using for year, genre and so on, it's not showing what the icon is for, i.e. I focus on the year icon but it's not saying year anywhere (like in the top bar on the screen where the info of an item is displayed). How can I make it show the word "year", "genre" or whatever the shortcut is for on the info bar (or on the icon itself) so I know which button I'm pressing?

Here's a printscreen, i.e. the icon with the pointer should be saying "Year" on the info bar (or on itself) but it's showing nothing at all:

-------

Another thing, is there a way to cache all the posters of movies and tv shows so we don't have to wait for them to appear on Kodi homescreen every time we start Kodi or come out from the settings?

-------

Yet another thing, sorry for bothering you so much. Is there a way to show the actors in the info of the movies or tv shows? I.e., is there a way the leading actors can be shown in the info on the left?

Marcelveldt once again thank you very much for everything!

ps- three suggestions for the skin:

1- The option to hide (do not display) a specific homescreen menu. This can be very useful to hide an item that can contain stuff that you don't want everyone to see, like violence or adult content.
Could be done with a simple option added to the shortcut menu with show/hide item in homescreen.

2- A lock option to the skin options. If desired, it could be set a pin or a password and only the person who typed it could see and change the settings. Very useful not to come home one day and find out that a couple of things are missing in your homemenu because someone who had no idea what was doing tried to do some changes and it all went wrong!
(thank You for the backup/restore option! Big Grin )

3- Option to show or hide each submenu individually. This can be very useful if someone would like a submenu to be shown but not all of them. This would be useful to me to cut some corners in what I have in mind to do on my homescreen, which is something like this: I want the submenus to Movies and TV Shows to be displayed but not the other ones, since I'm using them as widgets.
I recently had to change my machine. On previous machine with Kodi 16 when using livetv with a tvheadend pvr backend, I'm sure that if I pressed 'o' for codecinfo then I would also get a panel showing at the bottom of the screen showing tv signal strength and other backend tuner details, specifically the tuner card that was in use. Now with Kodi 17a2 I don't get that panel displayed at all. Any chance of re-adding it?

Also, if the tv signal strength is available then it might be nice to display it when you press info while watching livetv, with the extra info additionally available on the codecinfo button.

Thanks.
First of all thanks for working on this skin, looks exactly like what I'm after.

Running latest Kodi build on ATV4, with the .22 beta of the skin and the .99 version of the skin helper service.

I'm still running into a problem on the main page using the Netflix 2 layout. The menu items are populated from a directory of a Video Add on and display correctly. The issue however is launching these items. When the populated items contains an end point (i.e. a video), the item launches correctly. However when the populated items are a directory which has sub-directories, clicking the items does nothing.

I believe this may have been a bug with a lower version of the skin helper service add on;

Thanks for all your work.
(2016-07-14, 05:20)pemartins Wrote: [ -> ][quote='marcelveldt' pid='2370908' dateline='1467924629']
[quote='pemartins' pid='2368670' dateline='1467589968']

Another thing, is there a way to cache all the posters of movies and tv shows so we don't have to wait for them to appear on Kodi homescreen every time we start Kodi or come out from the settings?

ps- three suggestions for the skin:

1- The option to hide (do not display) a specific homescreen menu. This can be very useful to hide an item that can contain stuff that you don't want everyone to see, like violence or adult content.
Could be done with a simple option added to the shortcut menu with show/hide item in homescreen.

Hi,
Just to address some of your concerns....

in the skin shorctus menu, under 'widgets'... for most widgets there is an option "enable widget force refresh" .... Turn this off. That way widgets won't constantly refresh.

1. 1- The option to hide (do not display) a specific homescreen menu.
You could always just take advantage of kodi's built in "profiles" create a different profile, set up all the shortcuts you want, then create another profile for everyone else to use... I think you can add passwords to your profiles, but don't quote me on that as i've never bothered using profiles lol

Cheers,
Loggio.
Hi - I don't know why but I am having problems with it installing and running after some update. Is there a way to download and install the skin manually?

12:35:02 T:3808 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window mutebug
12:35:02 T:3808 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window musiclibrary
12:35:05 T:3808 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window mutebug
12:35:05 T:3808 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window musiclibrary
12:35:16 T:3516 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> skin helper service version 1.0.99 started
12:35:16 T:3516 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> WebService - start helper webservice on port 52307
12:35:25 T:5396 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.titan.kryptonbeta\media\Textures.xbt
12:35:25 T:5396 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/skin.titan.kryptonbeta/media/Textures.xbt
12:35:25 T:5396 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.titan.kryptonbeta\media\Textures.xbt
12:35:25 T:5396 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/skin.titan.kryptonbeta/media/Textures.xbt
12:35:25 T:5396 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.titan.kryptonbeta]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.titan.kryptonbeta
12:35:30 T:3808 ERROR: unable to load:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.titan.kryptonbeta\1080i\Settings.xml, Line 0
Failed to open file
12:37:34 T:3808 ERROR: unable to load:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.titan.kryptonbeta\1080i\Home.xml, Line 0
Failed to open file
12:37:34 T:3808 ERROR: Unable to activate the previous window
12:37:34 T:3808 ERROR: unable to load:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.titan.kryptonbeta\1080i\Home.xml, Line 0
Failed to open file
Hey Marcel
Are you going to provide some matching icons for the square submenu or can we extract them from Estuary?
Hope this helps...
In add-ons from the official Kodi Repo. add icons from look and feel. I use Boss and Square. In the file Mgr. I add the source from browse-home folder, addons, image resources icons... enter. Then from customise submenu (in skin settings, configure shortcuts) select the item that you want to change the thumbnail for. Select change thumbnail. Then you will browse for the source that you added earlier (browse, then the name of the source; I use Boss for Boss.
Quick question on landscape thumbnails on the vertical menu. I see that you can choose the image for it but I am trying to figure out the correct size of the image because it is getting stretched and distorted.

Example is using an extra menu item I added "HGTV and Food Network" as addons and added my favorite widgets. I would like the addons default artwork for the vertical menu item landscape thumbnail but it is too distorted probably because it is the wrong size. I might be able to go and find one from the internet doing a custom search but I don't know what size to look for.

Any help?
(2016-07-20, 05:01)tface Wrote: [ -> ]Hope this helps...
In add-ons from the official Kodi Repo. add icons from look and feel. I use Boss and Square. In the file Mgr. I add the source from browse-home folder, addons, image resources icons... enter. Then from customise submenu (in skin settings, configure shortcuts) select the item that you want to change the thumbnail for. Select change thumbnail. Then you will browse for the source that you added earlier (browse, then the name of the source; I use Boss for Boss.
nice, thank you!!!
hey
I'm having some smaller issues:
With poster widgets, the posters are a little stretched:

On small poster widgets they look normal:

In both views I have that ugly border around the covers again (they are being created by Emby CoverArt), but they appear only in the widgets, in movie lists they look normal:

are the "coming to cinema" and coming on DVD" etc. widgets not available anymore?

The widget "in-progress and recommended movies" only shows me in-progress movies.
In Kodi 16 it also showed some (randomly?) other movies. This was quite useful because if you didn't have a movie in progress, the appearance of a gap was avoided.
(2016-07-10, 10:33)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Can we get the zoom effect on library views?
Currently it's available for the home screen widgets 'enabled zoom effect on focused widget'
I'd like this same effect in the library panel views etc...

I've added it to my TODO list. Now with the current heat I don't spend too much time behind my pc and I focus on bugfixes only.
New features will be added asap.

(2016-07-10, 10:33)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Also, while we're on that... The zoom effect isn't working for all widgets, only 'large poster' and 'square' none of the other widgets 'Wide box' 'small poster' etc work.
It was in fact added to all widget layouts except the small poster... I've now corrected that.
The zoom effect is not possible on the boxed layouts.

(2016-07-10, 10:33)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]Another small thing I've noticed (really minor) when you select "choose art" in the movie info window, the dialog defaults to 'artwork downloader - poster' instead of defaulting to the first item in the list 'choose art'
Also just fixed. The fixes will be available in next skin update
Hi Marcelveldt,

I posted in your Jarvis thread regarding the Live TV Buffer indicator - you kindly responded saying that it had been removed because you had issues with it and felt the "function" in Kodi wasn't 100% right yet.

I've just tried Kodi 17 Alpha, the new Estuary skin has this implemented and works quite nicely. Any chance/plans getting this into you next version of Titan, loving your skin, but the buffer indicator is one thing i am missing..... happy to test.