Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Splash start screen is still not working.
For those who reported that when you press the main menu item, for example Movies, it would jump to the first Submenu, I believe I have found a way round this.
Change to a different layout design and then go back to the one you want to use and this seems to cure it. I use Modern Horizontal, I switched to a different Horizontal version and then back to Modern Horizontal and it seems to work now.

I have noticed that for some reason I cannot get my TV shows to display as Seasons anymore, they display as episode lists,I don't know if this is Skin related or not?

FYI: If you Check for Updates you can see that there are 2 versions of the Titan Skin (can't remember the numbers as I am not in front of my system right now) but if you choose the older rev version the "grey mist/fog" effect disappears, when you go to the latest rev version the "grey mist/fog effect" appears.

I cannot get the Trakt add-on to do anything in the latest Skin version - Is this something you are aware of or should I go to the Trakt add-on author please?

Will keep checking and come back with anything further I find.

Marcel - Keep up the great work, Titan is simply the best Skin out there and you are the most responsive dev. We all really appreciate the work you put into this.
I'm using new update v.3.7.33.

I have a couple problems hoping someone can help me sort out.

(1) Selecting Background settings/Global Background/Custom Single Image/my.jpg does nothing. It will not appear on the Home Page. Previous builds this was ok.

(2) Configure Shortcuts/Edit Menu Shortcuts. I create a 'Movies' shortcut. I want to create a Submenu Shortcut for 'Unwatched'. Previous builds this was possible. How can I do it now?

Thanks.
I get this error trying to install the skin through emby beta addon repo -> marcelveldts beta addon repo -> update to the latest.

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.skin.helper.artutils]: failed to install dependency script.module.musicbrainz
06:47:06 T:1486391600 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.skin.helper.service]: failed to install dependency script.module.skin.helper.artutils
Also in 3.7.32

I get no selection box opening when trying to "select a background" and "Set thumbnail" when configuring shortcuts.

Also the "Show logo of current random background on home screen" is only working for 1 of my menu smart shortcut menu options on the home screen, Kids TV. but not for TV, Movies, Kids Movies,Movies 4K, and Music.
(2016-11-24, 19:03)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ](1) Selecting Background settings/Global Background/Custom Single Image/my.jpg does nothing. It will not appear on the Home Page. Previous builds this was ok.

(2) Configure Shortcuts/Edit Menu Shortcuts. I create a 'Movies' shortcut. I want to create a Submenu Shortcut for 'Unwatched'. Previous builds this was possible. How can I do it now?

1) Will be fixed in next update

2) Will also be fixed in next update, currently the "default widgets" are empty for some people so you probably can't find it.
After the update (later today) go to Add widget --> select default widgets --> Skin Helper Service Widgets --> Movies --> Unwatched
(2016-11-24, 20:01)browned Wrote: [ -> ]I get this error trying to install the skin through emby beta addon repo -> marcelveldts beta addon repo -> update to the latest.
ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.skin.helper.artutils]: failed to install dependency script.module.musicbrainz
06:47:06 T:1486391600 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.skin.helper.service]: failed to install dependency script.module.skin.helper.artutils

Somehow the emby repo screwed up my repo zipfile once. In that case you probably have the crappy version installed.
Can you try installing my repo by hand ?

https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...-1.0.1.zip
(2016-11-24, 23:49)browned Wrote: [ -> ]I get no selection box opening when trying to "select a background" and "Set thumbnail" when configuring shortcuts.

Also the "Show logo of current random background on home screen" is only working for 1 of my menu smart shortcut menu options on the home screen, Kids TV. but not for TV, Movies, Kids Movies,Movies 4K, and Music.

Issue 1 will be fixed later today with a new update
Issue2... I can't reproduce it, it's working fine on my end. Might be an issue with the Kodi texture cache. Do you spot any strange errors in the kodi log ?
(2016-11-24, 08:41)Superbert Wrote: [ -> ]Splash start screen is still not working.

Next update it will definitely be fixed
(2016-11-24, 12:39)Mr Cellophane Wrote: [ -> ]For those who reported that when you press the main menu item, for example Movies, it would jump to the first Submenu, I believe I have found a way round this.
Change to a different layout design and then go back to the one you want to use and this seems to cure it. I use Modern Horizontal, I switched to a different Horizontal version and then back to Modern Horizontal and it seems to work now.
It's the setting "Open submenu on enter/press main menu" --> That got defaulted to enabled by accident. Will be fixed in next skin update.

(2016-11-24, 12:39)Mr Cellophane Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed that for some reason I cannot get my TV shows to display as Seasons anymore, they display as episode lists,I don't know if this is Skin related or not?
What do you mean ? Screenshot perhaps to better explain ?

(2016-11-24, 12:39)Mr Cellophane Wrote: [ -> ]FYI: If you Check for Updates you can see that there are 2 versions of the Titan Skin (can't remember the numbers as I am not in front of my system right now) but if you choose the older rev version the "grey mist/fog" effect disappears, when you go to the latest rev version the "grey mist/fog effect" appears.
Yes, but that's the old version on emby repo, better not install that one. The background overlay issue is fixed in next skin update.

(2016-11-24, 12:39)Mr Cellophane Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot get the Trakt add-on to do anything in the latest Skin version - Is this something you are aware of or should I go to the Trakt add-on author please?
Sorry, I don't understand this one either. What do you mean ?

(2016-11-24, 12:39)Mr Cellophane Wrote: [ -> ]Will keep checking and come back with anything further I find.

Marcel - Keep up the great work, Titan is simply the best Skin out there and you are the most responsive dev. We all really appreciate the work you put into this.

Thanks!
(2016-11-23, 22:55)Pipsqueak Wrote: [ -> ]But are the colour themes absent for any reason (option is not clickable)
Missing the lush red netflix one Smile

They should be back now since yesterday's update
(2016-11-23, 20:30)eengert Wrote: [ -> ]When I go to configure widgets and select the type, the Common directory is missing.

Also, can someone tell me the best way to setup weather widgets? I'd like a row that shows today's forecast details, and another row to show the upcoming daily forecast. Thanks.

1) Will be fixed in next update
2) Currently there's only 1 widget option for weather available that just lists the weather forecasts (days), nothing fancy. I'll be working within a few weeks on some more fancy stuff for the weather widget
(2016-11-23, 10:26)Gothico Wrote: [ -> ]Marcel, we LOVE you! [emoji7]

Wasn't ment to be rude...

I tried 1 hour to set the skin up.
Deleted it finaly and tryed again a half hour to set up the fresh version (deleted user folder also).
The older version with skinbackup took me 5mins....

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Haha, no problem :-)
Hope you try the beta again one of these days, a lot of issues have been worked out already
Must congratulate Marcel, aside from a couple of niggles, the new beta performance in all areas on my Shield systems is amazing.

Gone are the black screens during skin updates, navigation is faster, widget loading is faster, widget refreshing is faster, startup performance is great, automated backups is a great addition. thanks for all the work Marcel.
Hi Marcel.
Tryed yersterday the new Version together with the latest skinhelper modules, and have to say: yes, its working fine for me.

Thx

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk