Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Titan skin version 3.7.x (Kodi 17 Krypton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-03-18, 00:40)ashish1t Wrote: [ -> ]I have updated to the stable version 3.7.55 but the 'Add' button to add a menu item (or a submenu item) still does not work. Please help. Thanks

Install this by hand:
https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.0.16.zip

Just download that zip and in settings--> Addons choose install by zip
(2017-03-18, 01:43)rossdret Wrote: [ -> ]I have a quick probably easy question. In the Titan skin in "File Manager" there is no "add source" option. How do I add a source to file manager in Titan?

In that case I guess you disabled some Kodi setting because that's controlled by Kodi itself, not the skin.
It should be in the filelisting itself "Add Source"
(2017-03-18, 02:14)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]The setting for the busy animation seems to be ineffective in the last several releases. Instead, only the animation shown below is shown (independent of any choice in the settings).

True, that's a seperate loading spinner just for the widgets to indicate it's refreshing.
(2017-03-19, 00:07)Rasselbock Wrote: [ -> ]First of all Thanks for your wonderful work on The Titan skin! Really love it! I'm rocking The vertical modern menu with The Nice widgets. A few months ago I changed to kodi 17 and all was good, accept for a few menu items I couldn't access. But I didn't neer them anyway so no biggie. But tonight I openend Kodi on my Shield TV and The Nice widgets in my menu only showed one row. I liked The multiple rows of movies or series on top of each other in one widget much more. I haven't been able to find a sollution unfortunately. Do you know what's wrong and a way to fix it ? I guess it is a kodi problem and has nothing to do with your skin. Is this fixed in a beta update of The skin?

Hoi Tim,
The setting for the multirow widgets was moved to the widget settings, you can now configure that on a per-widget base while the previous version had that setting on a global level.
Just go into the shortcuts editor and configure widgets, the setting for the Multi-rows should be all the way on the top.
(2017-03-19, 00:40)mystic84 Wrote: [ -> ]how do you add or update missing studio flags for example abc family is now freeform to the skin

You can submit them to the Kodi team so they can add them in the resource addon with studio images.
(2017-03-19, 04:50)mystik Wrote: [ -> ]Is the beta in the OP (I realize the download has been updated as time has passed since last year) still more recent than the release version?

Yes, that's always the case but the stable version has updated this week so now they're equal for a little while.
Another stable version will follow this week with bugfixes and than the beta will have new features again.
(2017-03-19, 08:23)mystik Wrote: [ -> ]I went ahead and installed it. I have not spent a lot of time with it, but I notice two problems.

The fonts are very small in some places, especially on the Settings screen where it has Skin Settings, Interface, Media Settings, etc. I tried changing the Font under Look and Feel / Skin, but it doesn't have an impact in some spots. The text on widgets is also a bit small for me.

I'm trying to find the right widget layout for me. Big Grin I think I would like Landscape Large Netflix, but when I set it to use that one, the result doesn't look like the preview. It doesn't have the nice look like the preview. I think it's because there are multiple rows taking up too much space rather than it being one row that I assume you can scroll. It doesn't have the heading or even the image over to the right. I don't care too much about the image to the right (since we have the thumbnail), but it would be cool if the presentation were better like the preview. I can't tell what the info is below the description in the preview, but mine doesn't have that either. Is there another setting that's throwing this off?

Thank you. Smile

1) Maybe provide some screenshots to better explain where the fonts are too small. Also notice that there is a setting available in the Appearance settings to zoom the text.

2) Take a look at the various widget settings in the shortcuts editor, it has expanded a lot in the past period. I think in your case you want to look at the Multi rows settings but again, a screenshot can help to better explain what it is you mean.
(2017-03-19, 08:56)PX80 Wrote: [ -> ]After the fresh install of stable 3.7.55 i figure that there is no Rotton Tomatoe Score anylonger. Do you have the same problems?

The api providing that info (omdbapi) is temporary not providing the rotten tomatoes scores. This will be fixed again soon.
Hi, I'd like to ask about one issue I've encountered today, I can't no longer set up background based on the widget. Before, there was an option "use fanart from widget" or something like that. Is it something that was changed in the skin or is it related to something else, like skin helper?
Thanks
(2017-03-21, 01:30)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-16, 00:31)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]Tried it... doesn't have the effect you want -- Case 2 (gets filename from media storage, reads thumbnail)

Hmm, I'm a bit out of options in that case. Does the same issue also happen in the default Estuary skin ?

Actually, I'm fine with it. I use all the fine features of the skin for media who's references aren't present in the base database. I'm not sure that even if all references to media were available (e.g. Estuary), that you wouldn't still have this 'problem'. Kodi still has to validate it's 'cache' from time to time and the only way to do that is by looking at the file system. My solution is to not spin disks down ;-)
(2017-03-21, 02:42)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-18, 02:14)oattes Wrote: [ -> ]The setting for the busy animation seems to be ineffective in the last several releases. Instead, only the animation shown below is shown (independent of any choice in the settings).

True, that's a seperate loading spinner just for the widgets to indicate it's refreshing.

OK, then can you add that spinner to the available busy animations so I can go for consistency ;-) (I'm terrible about aesthetic consistency -- perhaps you've noticed :-D)
(2017-03-21, 01:39)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-16, 03:04)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ]I was using the utility since it was introduced. I stopped using it when I switched to this skin because it deleted all my custom animated poster art. I haven't used it since. I understand animated artwork will rebuild now. Problem is, many of my custom artwork are not in the database. I've submitted them but they never made it and I don't know why.

Animated artwork is now stored in a seperate location so it's safe again to use the texture cache maintenance tool.
Well, if that also didn't work we'll have to dig deeper for the root cause.

Can you confirm that this issue does NOT exist if you switch to the default Estuary skin ?
Or does it also happen on the default skin ?

I ran the tool. I tested. Using Estuary (which is the default skin Windows 10, Kodi v.17) I scrolled my entire library pressing the key continuously. Kodi did not crash. I was able to scroll the entire library without waking any hard drives. The only time a drive wakes is when I need to access the movie for playback.

I immediately switched to Titan and repeated the test. Pressing down and scrolling continuously, crashes Kodi. Scrolling one by one, I can browse the library. But, I have to wait until drive(s) spin up when entering the library. ONLY the drive(s) that pertain to the (7) titles that are displayed (not simply what is focused) in the horizontal view. Which ever drives pertaining to those titles are now spinning. Now I can navigate. I continue scrolling one by one until I come upon a title that lives in a drive that is NOT spinning yet. Kodi/Titan stall and I can hear the drive starting to spin up. Once it has, I can continue navigating until I come upon ANOTHER title that lives on a drive that has NOT spun up yet, and so on and so forth.

Something is wrong with the cache procedure and reasoning in Titan that is not a problem using Estuary. It is skin specific.
I would not rule out my hardware although I don't see how that could come into play?
No one else has tested and then confirmed or denied.
(2017-03-21, 02:36)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-17, 14:59)berkhornet Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there. I've just upgraded to Kodi 17 and Titan 3.7.55 - everything looks great apart from one small bug, when using the following setup:
- Homescreen layout = Simple confluence-style homescreen vertical
- Configure Header for Home Screen = Logo + Weather + Clock
- Home mainmenu/submenu panel colour = custom colour, 100% opacity
When using this setup, the logo is not visible, unless the opacity of Home mainmenu/submenu panel colour is reduced.

Small bug. Will be fixed in next update

Thanks Marcel.
It seems, that Titan Widgets only support a resolution with HD aspect ratio. Otherwise they appear stretched.
Is this the meant to be behaviour?

edit: Since the last Update the Widget Topic is far to close to the widget images. So when the widget is on focus (with zoom activated) the typo crosses the image slightly.

I´m using the small horizontal Layout.
(2017-03-21, 09:34)nexus7 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems, that Titan Widgets only support a resolution with HD aspect ratio. Otherwise they appear stretched.
Is this the meant to be behaviour?

edit: Since the last Update the Widget Topic is far to close to the widget images. So when the widget is on focus (with zoom activated) the typo crosses the image slightly.

I´m using the small horizontal Layout.

Can you make a screenshot of the issue please?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk