Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Hyper Launcher - A ROM launcher using HyperSpin assets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
I used the official XML from Hyperspin http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/downlo...abase-xml/
I also made a database from RocketLauncher, but that also doesn't work. Every other system works, but even if I copy a working XML and change the name to Sega Genesis, Hyperlauncher won't start. Below is my Sega Genesis-config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<system name="Sega Genesis">
<info>
<release_year>1989</release_year>
<manufacturer>Sega</manufacturer>
<description>Blah, blah, blah....</description>
</info>

<config>
<rom_path>E:\Sega Genesis</rom_path>
<rom_extensions>bin</rom_extensions>
<launcher_script>rocketlauncher.bat</launcher_script>
</config>

<artwork>
<base_path>D:\Sega Genesis</base_path>
<icon>D:\Sega Genesis</icon>
<icon_fallback>D:\Sega Genesis</icon_fallback>
<fanart>D:\Sega Genesis\fanart</fanart>
<fanart_fallback>D:\Sega Genesis\fanart</fanart_fallback>
<thumb>D:\Sega Genesis\thumb</thumb>
<poster>D:\Sega Genesis\poster</poster>
<logo>D:\Sega Genesis\logo</logo>
<clearart>D:\Sega Genesis\box</clearart>
<banner>D:\Sega Genesis\banner</banner>
<media>D:\Sega Genesis\media</media>
<trailer>D:\Sega Genesis\video</trailer>
</artwork>

</system>
Really strange that changing a xml name has that effect.. can you post a full debug log and a copy of the troublesome hyperlist xml to pastebin so I can try it.
Hey, so the problem was not with the System XML, it was with the config. There were a few typos which resulted in a format error. Sega Genesis, I'm not sure what the typo was, but Game & Watch, I had "&", instead of formatting it correctly by using "&amp;".
This is how I've got mine set up
I've spent some time today improving it
but this just shows how it runs through Smile
So are people having more success with using this to launch Hyperspin? Or is it working best with Retroplayer? Does either solution work with network storage?

I see that it uses Hyperspin/RocketLauncher XMLs, do you need that set up manually first and then set this up in Kodi? Or can it be used standalone?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but this looks intriguing. Currently I just have a homescreen shortcut that launches Retroarch and then uses Retroarch as the UI to navigate through ROMs that are local to each PC on my network, but obviously having it all in Kodi (and preferably with games and saves stored on the network share) would be the ideal.

Either way, I'll have to play around when I get some time.
This addon isnt for launching hyperspin, but launching emulators with roms. I havent tested it with roms on network storage, I think you would need to mount the network share locally for it to work.
Sorry, yeah I meant RocketLauncher in the former question. But yeah, definitely going to spend some time this weekend trying this out.
So I finally put in the time to learn Rocket Launcher and attempt to get this set up yesterday, and it's definitely my instant favorite once doing so. The -config.xmls were a bit of a pain to manually do, but I think I caught all of my mistakes there. I'll have to spend a little more time setting up the artwork and tweaking the actual emulator setups, but this plugin is really a great UI.

What I did which seems to be working is map my network share of emulators and artwork to the Z: drive. The problem though, is that this network use makes the plugin run very slowly. Even over gigabit Ethernet, I'm usually sitting and waiting about 30 seconds to a minute before it can enter into any system's submenu. I assume that it's loading all of the system's artwork into memory each time before it'll display the menu, would that be correct? Seems likely that I'll just have to have the artwork locally stored on each PC to alleviate that.

Edit: The only other suggestion I'd make is that it'd be nice to have a 'Recent Games' section next to 'All Games' that showed the last 25 or so games played across all systems.
Is there any way to stop showing the video trailer filename ? I'm using the Nebula skin and the filename of the trailer is showing all the way through playback along with the scrubber. It's not showing in Confluence.
@jhoff81 Do the list get faster with subsequent views? Kodi caches artwork when vewing them the first time. The recently played list is a cool idea, I like it.

@UKVaper I think thats skin specific - does it happen if you switch a movie from fullscreen to background (tab on a keyboard)? Btw, cool nickname... Ive been off the smokes for 4 months now. Just got some clapton coils and a temp control mod box, so tasty Smile
Unfortunately not. I'm going to try on one of my PCs to store the art locally on the SD card at some point and see if that helps though.
Hey teeedub... I'm encountering a problem where certain cover art just isn't showing up (some of my new PS2 additions). I know the XML is pointing to the right place because the fanart and boxes for other games display properly. I thought maybe it was some unsupported image format or encoding (I've tried converting the images between png and jpg, and various color formats), but what really confuses me is that I've duplicated one of the other images that DOES display properly, renamed it to replace the one that does not, and that "correct" image STILL doesn't show up. Any thoughts?
I had that on my first day of setting up where I had to clean the database before any of the new art showed up, but I assumed that was something I had messed up on my end during the initial setup.
How do you force a "clean" of the database?
You can use texture cache maintenance utility.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17