Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2016-11-06, 14:56)mo_allie Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having issues with this skill.
I am getting the following error : The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid.
restarted and redid the whole skill still no luck.
 Hi mate. I had same the same issue, in my case it was because my echo dot could not connect with Kodi because the particular port i was trying to connect through (say :8080 the same which you set up in the kodi interface) wasnt closed by my isp. So first you could check if the port is closed by going to www.ping.eu( if it is get it fixed by your isp). Then create a domain as said in the guide "https://www.howtogeek.com/249336/how-to-control-your-kodi-media-center-with-an-amazon-echo/". In the kodi mastercode folder, edit the following parameters in the kodi.config file.
address: (the domain you created as per guide)
Username:
Password:
port:
Then using cmd update Zappa by "Zappa update dev" command. 
Hope it resolves your issue Smile
trying to get this Working with English Canada Mode.  English US Works, but then I can't add any apps to alexa unless I change it back to canada.  Any ideas.  No errors or anything with English Canada, I added the language on the Alexa development, but no go.
(2017-12-29, 01:18)hey__me Wrote: [ -> ]trying to get this Working with English Canada Mode.  English US Works, but then I can't add any apps to alexa unless I change it back to canada.  Any ideas.  No errors or anything with English Canada, I added the language on the Alexa development, but no go.
 When creating the skill in the amazon developer account, make sure to create it as English Canada Language and it will match and sync to your amazon alexa account on your phone or tablet that would also be set to English Canada.  I can confirm this works with no issues.
It seems when I add a new tv show to my kodi database.  The only way I can get it to recognize is if I manually add the new show to my amazon developer skill via the custom slot type shows.  
This problem does not seem to arise for movies with my tests, only for tv.  It is as if I need to have every tv in my database also listed in the developer skill custom slot. 
I mean it's not that big of a deal to run my batch script again and get all tv show names from all my directories on my file server, but just seems weird.

Any thoughts?
Finally got it working  this is great     tutorial video

if your in Canada make sure use ca-central-1  instread of US-EAST-1 or EU-East-1
Hi, I want to convince my parents to buy the Amazon Echo Dot for me. But my parents want to know with which products are compatible in this device. I found some compatible products under devicebase.net/en/product/amazon-echo-dot-1st-generation/841667112367 

However, I would be very grateful to you if you would help me with a complete list of compatible products as I have to convince my parents of the purchase. 

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15