Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2016-04-06, 03:28)fbrea Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-04, 22:34)curtgust Wrote: [ -> ]This has been far easier to setup (and much more effective) than previous solutions I've tried so Thanks! and it does look like a very promising start. Realizing that you're still in beta and busy trying to get the skill published, what are the chances that you could find time to add a working "select/enter" function? Currently the skill is not 100% effective at searching although the up/down/left/right work very well. If a "select" function were added it would provide basic voice navigation while you're pursuing other efforts and fine tuning at a later date.... (?)

Select is working just add it in the "NavLocation" on the Skill setting in amazon developer website you can add "Home" as well

Thanks for the help! I added "Home" (which wasn't already included) and it works great. "Select", "Menu" and "Exit" were already included but not working so I deleted "Select" and saved then added "Select" back again and saved a second time - it's now working fine so my bad, apparently the original build at the developer site missed a few things. All the navigation is now working except "Exit" and I'm happy with that.
This is awesome, the only missing piece is Live TV. I have a PVR setup and it would be awesome if it could scan the guide and play stuff from that.
I am attempting to get this cool sounding add-on to function and am running into an issue. When I start up Kodi/SPMC I get the Alexa Service started notification. However, when I attempt to use the Echo to speak any commands it is unable to assist. When I attempt to test in the developer site it gves this error "Kodi is not connected to the server". Also, when I go to the Alexa Web Portal site I can see the Kodi skill. Not sure what steps to take next? I am hoping one of you might have a tip? Thanks for the assistance.
(2016-04-07, 22:01)DreamStatic Wrote: [ -> ]I am attempting to get this cool sounding add-on to function and am running into an issue. When I start up Kodi/SPMC I get the Alexa Service started notification. However, when I attempt to use the Echo to speak any commands it is unable to assist. When I attempt to test in the developer site it gves this error "Kodi is not connected to the server". Also, when I go to the Alexa Web Portal site I can see the Kodi skill. Not sure what steps to take next? I am hoping one of you might have a tip? Thanks for the assistance.

Did you add your key and restart?

My Alexa always gives me the "Kodi is not connected to the server" the first time I give it a command after a little break, like it's gone to sleep, but then it connects and works after that.
Thank you for the tip. I never could get it to send the key to the app so I retrieved it from the developer site and entered the key that way. I do get the "Alexa Service started" message, so I am assuming the key is functioning? I am running this on the Nvidia Shield TV, would that have anything to do with the issue?
Hi,

I am awaiting my Amazon Echo dot and I am happy to discover you created this great add-on. What I wonder though is what the "Logitech Harmony Support" feauture exactly entails. Does this mean I can use your skill to operate my Harmony Hub with Alexa (so in fact it really is something besides controlling Kodi)?
This is a great addon! My main issue is I've been trying to get it working on 2 different Kodi machines. I've created 2 skills, each with unique names and invocation names. However, it seems the most recent Kodi box to be turned on is the one that is controlled, regardless of either invocation name I use. The Alexa addon on each box is also configured with a unique from the appropriate skill.

If anyone has it working with multiple Kodi boxes, care to share how you got it working?
Ok, I am getting closer to making this work. I am attempting to only utilize for local movies/TV. I am currently getting an error message from Alexa " Skill response was marked as failure" in the Alexa iOS app. and on the developer site I am getting "The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid." Anyone ran into this before and figured it out already? Thanks.
(2016-04-07, 14:29)PearsonFlyer Wrote: [ -> ]In the latest Echo update, trying to play anything with the word "the" in it makes the Echo look for sports scores.

"Alexa, ask Kodi to play The Hateful Eight"

"I can't find a team named Hateful Eight"

Really pretty annoying that it doesn't understand you've "asked Kodi".

Same problem for me as well (not just titles with "The")... I can ask Alexa to play Interstellar (like in his video demo), and it works, but no other movie works.... weird
Not sure how different the API's are, but did you see that Amazon released the API for Alexa Smart Home Skills? This would allow you to not have to have "Alexa tell Kodi to..."
holy cow, Alexa kept saying Kodi isn't connected to the server, so I asked for the key again, and the new key is LONG....almost 200 characters....

edit
still not working

"kodi is not connected to the server"
I also had the issue with movie titles starting with "The". After digging through the SampleUtterences text file I found that the SportsIntent has the word "the" for each utterence. Therefore, when you say "the" the skill assumes you are talking about sports and goes with the Sports Intent. To fix this I simply editted the SportsIntent lines and replaced "the" with a different word like "sports". This would mean that if I wanted to watch a Red Wings game I would have to say "Alexa, ask Kodi to play sports Red Wings", not a big deal to me since I don't watch any sport.
I believe I setup everything correctly and the first few basic commands to play a movie from my local drive worked then it stopped working saying skill response was marked as failure. I am running everything off an Emby server but using direct paths so not sure if that may be an issue.
(2016-02-10, 20:57)rsummers618 Wrote: [ -> ]This feature is in active development.

Instead of selecting a season and episode, you can say "latest" or "next" to play the absolute newest, or next unwatched respectively.
I'm just holding of on pushing it right now because it requires a schema update, which I'm trying not to update so often.

Any chance you want to unofficially post this schema somewhere? I certainly understand not wanting to update while you're in the certification process, but I'd love to add this for myself.
I feel the voice commands through Alexa work about half the time. On certain movies only and it doesn't understand sequels like Ghostbusters 2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15