Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I would force stop Kodi and reload to make sure it's running thr plug-in correctly. I only use it to load movies thst I have stored on a hard drive in my kodi library. Thst seems to work most of the time. I also use it to pause, play and stop Kodi. But it is beta so it has some bugs. Hopefully it will be published as an Alexa skill soon. Thanks for the kind words, glad I could help. Check out my YouTube Channel, Kojaks Tech Tutorials

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A
oh so this is not good for loading streams? I dont use any sort of library with Kodi. I just stream everything.

Will this only work with Quasar files that are stored?
Correct it doesn't work with streams. Now you may be able to get it to work with streams that you add to the library if the add on supports library interagation, but I haven't tried it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A
This is the sort of thing I'd hoped would be possible with Alexa - thank you!
my echo arrived today. got this working great. thanks!!!!
Finally got it working and managed to test with two movies and a tv show episode, but then it stopped responding, giving me "there was a problem with the requested skills response".

Any thoughts?
I disabled the add-on and let it sit for a couple of hours. I tried again and it started to work. Not sure if disabling worked or if it just needed time. Will have to test if it happens again.
I noticed that when I disable the add-on, Kodi locks up and I have to do an xkill in Linux and then reboot.

I rebooted and re-enabled the add-on, but still no dice. I'm going to test it every 15 minutes and see if it's a time issue.

*update*

An hour and a half after it stopped working, Alexa started working again.
Well, I rolled back the Linux Kernel a bit as I was advised on an Ubuntu forum for an unrelated issue and it seems to be working consistently now.

Since the Echo is also a bluetooth speaker, I attached it to Kodi as well and it's working great!
I've bought an Amazon Echo specifically to try out this skill. Roll on the 28th when it gets released here.
I've been getting from Alexa when I ask to play a movie in my collection:

"Error with command playing. Make sure your schema is up to date."

No problems with arrow movement, pause/resume, or volume controls. Just anything in my movie collection.

The software on the Echo is up to date.

Any thoughts?

***EDIT***
I went into system and forced the Alexa addon to update and it started working fine again.
Never mind.
Just had my Echo arrive today (UK) - I'm pretty sure I have this skill+service setup correctly but Echo keeps saying Kodi is not connected to the server.

I assume this is due to a UK/US server difference, or have I just missed something obvious?

Edit:
Managed to get it working, though I don't know how and it only worked for a few commands then decided to give me "There was a problem with the skill response" until I leave it for awhile then it may listen again.
Overall though it's very good when it works, hopefully if/when its released properly it'll be a must have.
I also wasn't able to get this addon working correctly. I also noticed the GitHub hasn't been updated in over a month.

While it did require a Heroku account (free), I ended up using this Kodi addon that has been more recently updated: https://github.com/m0ngr31/kodi-alexa
This is perfect for what I'm after, try loading local from Kodi then default to Netflix.

Does anyone have any instructions for setting this up on my own AWS lambda account? Thanks
Can someone help? I do not understand what to do with the JSON stuff? I have done everything that was in the screen shots but there is no information on what to do with JSON?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15