Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Installation Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

So I am struggling installing kodi and was wondering if anyone has experienced similar issues, or has any thoughts on where I go from here.

Isengard - allows shows as damaged and move to trash. (Downloaded 3 times)
Jarvis - installs and opens then immediately goes off.
Krypton - installs and opens then immediately goes off.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Isengard-
This sounds like Gatekeeper is NOT set to allow all apps. You can either change this in System Prefs or you can right click the Kodi app, select "Open" and then tell Finder to trust the app. You may have to enter an admin password as well.

No clue about Jarvis (which version?) or Krypton (which version?). They could also be related to Gatekeeper blocking apps without a developer certificate. You could try adjusting your settings.
System Preferences>Security & Privacy>General>Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere.

You could also post a LINK to a crash report and debug log (wiki).
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I had adjusted my setting to open apps from third-parties already but still no joy, opened holding control and selecting 'open' etc.

Kodi v15.2 “Isengard” - Download damaged... yada yada. See screen shot: http://imgur.com/zJFsvjS

Kodi v16.0 “Jarvis” Release Candidate 2 - Downloads, installs and opens fine but closes unexpectedly after a couple of seconds.

I am struggling to get a crash report as I cannot access the program for long enough to turn it on.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again
The crash report should just pop up on your monitor. Something like "Kodi quit unexpectedly. Do you want to report to Apple?" You can just copy the contents of that report and paste it to somewhere like pastebin and paste a link to it here.

The debug log is a little more complicated. You'll need to create advancedsettings.xml as described here. You can use textedit for this. Just make sure your use utf-8 format.

File contents-
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel hide="true">1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Save the file to
Code:
~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/

This will make Kodi generate a debug log at ~/Library/Logs/kodi.log.

You can post this log to http://xbmclogs.com and paste the link in this thread.

Please don't post the reports and logs to the forum.

Have you tried using the latest stable Kodi (15.2) and the latest stable OS X (10.11.3)?