Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Programme information in 'Now playing' panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi joethefox,

When a Movie, TV Show or Live TV Programme is playing, the 'Now playing' panel only shows the artwork, progress bar, and title of the movie/show/programme. I think it would be great if it ALSO showed the synopsis text as well; you know, the short text that shows in the EPG for Live TV programmes, or the short paragraph synopsis for a movie or TV Show.
Hi,
apart live tv, if you go into the now playing playlist you can long press an item to access to the further informations. I will see if I can find a solution for live tv also.
(2016-01-30, 11:44)joethefox Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
apart live tv, if you go into the now playing playlist you can long press an item to access to the further informations. I will see if I can find a solution for live tv also.

Thanks for the response. When playing a movie or tvshow and I make a long press (on the artwork) the information presented is the technical info (resolution, sound quality etc). As per my original post, what I think would be good is the 'plot summary', and for Live Tv is would be good if it was the programme summary. Could this be done? You already present this info when browsing for movies or tv shows, or looking at the EPG for live tv - can it be presented in the 'now playing' panel?
I mean this ->

and it works in general for any kind of playlist item. The issue is for live tv that can't be enqueued into a playlist. I had already done some experiment for adding an "info" button in the overlay that you are referring, reusing the current code. I'll keep you updated
(2016-01-31, 12:37)joethefox Wrote: [ -> ]I mean this ->

and it works in general for any kind of playlist item. The issue is for live tv that can't be enqueued into a playlist. I had already done some experiment for adding an "info" button in the overlay that you are referring, reusing the current code. I'll keep you updated

Thanks - nice to find a way to get to that movie info. I think it would be great if it came up when we press on the poster in 'Now Playing' - I think that info is more useful that the video/audio quality info.
@gshodg, done !

Image Image

will be included into the next release