Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WebDAV folder path for library scanning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got WebDAV storage based on OwnCloud. Adding that storage to Kodi requires adding a suffix in the form of /remote.php/webdav/. I've got my files stored in a tree with folders for: Music, Pictures, Movies, TV Shows, etc. When adding my source in Kodi I don't get any option for selecting a path to a specific folder and simply appending that folder name to the URL (dav://user:[email protected]/remote.php/webdav/Movies) does not do the trick.

Are there any workarounds for adding specific folders in my share as a source so I can scan it to my library?
On mine I have dav://{IP address:port}}/{folder tree} and it works fine.

It's based off an added network source, which is where you put the username and password.

Under Confluence, go to videos > files > add videos > browse and then at the bottom of the sources list select add network location.

In that box set up your WebDAV URL, port, base folder structure, username and password. Select WebDAV at the top and then fill in all the other details in their relevant boxes.

You can then use that root to set up your individual paths below it to your sub folders for movies, music, TV etc.
Thanks Darren. Scratched my head a couple minutes because the "Add network location" menu would only show up on my HTPC and not on my desktop. Turns out you need to have master mode enabled for it to appear.