Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI storage on Minix 6.27GB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Im brand new here but have enjoyed KODI and XBMC for a few years now.
Last night KODI wouldnt start, all I kept getting was PREPARING TO RUN FOR FIRST TIME, this would eventually complete, then revert back to the main screen on the MINIX Neo 8.

I reasrched online and found a video suggesting the memory was almost full... I laughed, this could not possibly be the case as the only thing I had on my box was KODI and some apps... I never downloaded anything to the box at all...So was baffled when It said under storage.... 95% full....
I went into the apps and deleted some that I no longer wanted, like Skype, speedtest and antutu.... no difference though, still 95% used.

I looked at the KODI app and it said it was 6.27GB in size.... how can this be? is this right? Connected to the Minix I have an external HDD and also have it hooked up to my Western Digital cloud server.

I am baffled as to how their is only 5% left on the Minix internal Memory.

Any thoughts really appreciated.

Steven
(2016-01-31, 18:21)[email protected]ndit Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Im brand new here but have enjoyed KODI and XBMC for a few years now.
Last night KODI wouldnt start, all I kept getting was PREPARING TO RUN FOR FIRST TIME, this would eventually complete, then revert back to the main screen on the MINIX Neo 8.

I reasrched online and found a video suggesting the memory was almost full... I laughed, this could not possibly be the case as the only thing I had on my box was KODI and some apps... I never downloaded anything to the box at all...So was baffled when It said under storage.... 95% full....
I went into the apps and deleted some that I no longer wanted, like Skype, speedtest and antutu.... no difference though, still 95% used.

I looked at the KODI app and it said it was 6.27GB in size.... how can this be? is this right? Connected to the Minix I have an external HDD and also have it hooked up to my Western Digital cloud server.

I am baffled as to how their is only 5% left on the Minix internal Memory.

Any thoughts really appreciated.

Steven

It is because video cache to storage and not RAM.
You can set up an advancedsettings.xml file to cache to RAM to avoid this problem.
HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache (wiki)
Also delete the cache of Kodi in Android Settings, Installed apps, Kodi
Thanks mo123, Ive installed an app in programs called Easy Advanced Settings and watched a tutorial video on same. It suggests setting
CACHEMEMBUFFERSIZE to 157286400
BUFFERMODE to 1
READBUFFERFACTOR to 20

I will give this a go and see how it goes... I will also Clear cache on any appy that may be running, I did clear Kodi cache last night but it made no difference. Hopefully this will work.

Thanks for replying.

Steven