Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: UPnP Library Sharing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using an Nvidia Shield TV in the living room with Kodi, working fine.

I bought another one for the bedroom and I was reading about the ability to share the share the library via UPnP. I'm interested because then I wouldn't have to update and maintain two libraries, mostly for "watched" status.

I'm pretty sure the UPnP library sharing feature will do what I need, but after reading the wiki I have one main question.

I doubt either of these Kodi devices will be on at the same time ... is that a requirement of UPnP? Do I need to leave the living room Shield on at all times so it's feeding the bedroom? If I watch something in the living room, turn off the Shield (it goes to sleep), is the "watched" status and library updates datafile saved on the Shield itself or are there hidden temp files in my share locations?

Thanks.
Yeah, that would be an issue. The host Kodi would need to be on. You could still sync watched status using some other methods. See syncing and sharing (wiki).
Thanks.

I'll look into mysql next.
the mysql database also needs to run on some system/device which is always on