Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 3D Flags not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I have got a little problem with my advancedsettings and kodi. My flags dont work properly.

My advancedsettings.xml look like this:

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>x.x.x.x</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>kodi</pass>
</videodatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>
<video>
<stereoscopicflagssbs>3D.Full|3D.Half|HSBS|H.SBS|H-SBS| SBS |FULL-SBS|FULL.SBS|FULLSBS|FSBS|HALF-SBS</stereoscopicflagssbs>
<stereoscopicflagstab>TB|3D.Full|3D.Half|HTAB|H.TAB|3DOU|3D.OU|3D.HOU| HOU | OU |HALF-TAB</stereoscopicflagstab>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

All my 3D files are named like this:

Quote:filename.3D.Half OU.mkv
filename.3D.Half SBS.mkv
filename.3D.Full OU.mkv
filename.3D.Full SBS.mkv

Kodi dont puts 3D flags to my all files. File 1 got the 3D flag in Kodi but file 2,3 and 4 not. File 5 got the flag again...
Whats wrong with my config? I need some help here
Curious why you have all those formats added to advancedsettings.xml?
What is the point?

If you want various 3D titles to appear in your library tagged with 3D on a poster and proper switching mode sent to your panel:

Avatar (2009) .3D.SBS for side by side
Avatar (2009) .3D.TAB for top and bottom

I don't think adding "Half" or "Full" is needed to achieve anything?

File 1 got the 3D flag in Kodi but file 2,3 and 4 not. File 5 got the flag again...
Not sure what you mean by this?

See link in my signature for further details.
I added all of them because i found it like that in a tutorial.

I only want Kodi to show me that it is a 3D movie in the List View.

With some files it works. They got the 3D flag. But some others only got the HD flag.

This is what i mean (both 3D movies):
The flag in the skin depends on what the skin supports. It's not impacted by the advancedsettings.xml file, which is used as one of the ways to figure out if a movie is in 3D, for playback.
oh okay?! how can i impact that? is there no way to manual edit some file or something? it sucks that you dont know what movie is 3d or not...
Which skin are you using?
The advanced settings for detecting 3D movies changed some time ago - try this
Code:
<video>
    <stereoscopicregexsbs>[-. _](h|half |full )?sbs[-. _]</stereoscopicregexsbs>
    <stereoscopicregextab>[-. _](h|half |full )?(ou|tab)[-. _]</stereoscopicregextab>
</video>
(2016-02-05, 21:43)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Which skin are you using?

aeon or standard. there are no differences between the skins.

(2016-02-06, 13:45)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]The advanced settings for detecting 3D movies changed some time ago - try this
Code:
<video>
    <stereoscopicregexsbs>[-. _](h|half |full )?sbs[-. _]</stereoscopicregexsbs>
    <stereoscopicregextab>[-. _](h|half |full )?(ou|tab)[-. _]</stereoscopicregextab>
</video>

didnt work at all. after deleting the "old" code and adding your "new" code no movie got the 3d flag at all. not even those which got the flag before.
No one can help here?
*bump*
@Sili.coon - did you ever solve this?
I got around this issue putting my 3D movies in a separate folder on my NAS which is running Plex media server (which I hate) and PleXBMC plugin on Kodi (have you tried the Plex Home Theatre? It sucks). I added my 3D Movies folder as another library on the Plex Server, so now when I want to watch a movie, I have to ask the wife "3D or normal?" before choosing a movie Sad

Oh, first post of 2017 and Happy New Year.