Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, I see the errors starting at line 1259. @rmrector the addon developer will need to help you with that issue.

As for your AB settings, you have set movie set fanart to zero images, and no images for landscape, discart and banner. Is that your intention?

For now all I can say is that the problems downloading images will be due to the error in AB, so until that is fixed, there is nothing else I can help you with.
(2020-06-16, 05:11)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I see the errors starting at line 1259. @rmrector the addon developer will need to help you with that issue.

As for your AB settings, you have set movie set fanart to zero images, and no images for landscape, discart and banner. Is that your intention?

For now all I can say is that the problems downloading images will be due to the error in AB, so until that is fixed, there is nothing else I can help you with.

Thanks @Karellen . My settings were intentional. I had it set to max originally, but then the system downloaded a million image files and my files got out of control. With the current setup it only downloads the image that I have selected for the display, not all options available for each show or movie's  poster and fanart.
(2020-06-16, 05:11)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I see the errors starting at line 1259. @rmrector the addon developer will need to help you with that issue.

AB working fine, i have downloaded 30 GB artwork from yesterday .
https://i.postimg.cc/VkHr8XZf/image.png
(2020-06-16, 19:49)nazim12 Wrote: [ -> ]AB working fine, i have downloaded 30 GB artwork from yesterday .
https://i.postimg.cc/VkHr8XZf/image.png

@nazim12 I never said it wasn't working, in general. Specifically, it won't allow me to select different art for Movie Sets. It gives me an error. Every other aspect of AB seems to be working fine.
I have a weird issue that only happens with one show. When getting artwork, automatically after a library update or manually, I get the error:
Web service error: Forbidden

It's only with Foster's Home for Imaginary People. The report says it's missing clearart, landscape, and for every season fanart and landscape.

I've removed and readded the show multiple times, and even completely started my library fresh for a different reason, but it still happens. It happens whether Kodi is set to pull info from TheTVDb or from local information, which is my normal setup. I've recently upgraded my files too, so nothing in the show's folder is the same, and it still happens.

I have no idea what to do.
(2020-06-18, 12:59)ammace Wrote: [ -> ]I have a weird issue that only happens with one show. When getting artwork, automatically after a library update or manually, I get the error:

It's only with Foster's Home for Imaginary People. The report says it's missing clearart, landscape, and for every season fanart and landscape.

I've removed and readded the show multiple times, and even completely started my library fresh for a different reason, but it still happens. It happens whether Kodi is set to pull info from TheTVDb or from local information, which is my normal setup. I've recently upgraded my files too, so nothing in the show's folder is the same, and it still happens.

Try renaming show to Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends  with id tt0419326.  Looks like fanart.tv shows 1 clearlogo and 4 characterart for it.

scott s.
(2020-06-01, 09:08)Cinephile Wrote: [ -> ]@rmrector if you can please let me know about AB overwriting existing files (is it possible?) that would be appreciated.

Not possible - remove the files first, then run Artwork Beef.

@crazyhands911 Curious, it is failing when trying to look up a movie, but you say it is a movie set. Try switching to the default skin Estuary, then run Artwork Beef from the context menu, then "Manage...", finally "AB: Add missing artwork".

(2020-06-18, 12:59)ammace Wrote: [ -> ]I have a weird issue that only happens with one show. When getting artwork, automatically after a library update or manually, I get the error:

Check the logs. Details on how to do so are in the first post. Most likely TheTVDB is throwing the error, the logs will show you exactly which URL. I can do nothing about this, take it up with TheTVDB.
(2020-06-19, 01:00)rmrector Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-01, 09:08)Cinephile Wrote: [ -> ]@rmrector if you can please let me know about AB overwriting existing files (is it possible?) that would be appreciated.

Not possible - remove the files first, then run Artwork Beef.

@crazyhands911 Curious, it is failing when trying to look up a movie, but you say it is a movie set. Try switching to the default skin Estuary, then run Artwork Beef from the context menu, then "Manage...", finally "AB: Add missing artwork".

Check the logs. Details on how to do so are in the first post. Most likely TheTVDB is throwing the error, the logs will show you exactly which URL. I can do nothing about this, take it up with TheTVDB.

I have the same "Web service error: Forbidden" error on a few my TV shows. House is one of them from memory. Logs don't state anything as to the cause. Thinking it might be a code issue, if the scanner can talk to TheTVDB on the same scan process for other shows, why can't it do it for others...
(2020-06-19, 01:00)rmrector Wrote: [ -> ]@crazyhands911 Curious, it is failing when trying to look up a movie, but you say it is a movie set. Try switching to the default skin Estuary, then run Artwork Beef from the context menu, then "Manage...", finally "AB: Add missing artwork".
@rmrector  I changed to Estuary as you suggested and it worked fine. The fact that you had me go to "Manage" first triggered an idea for me. The Amber skin has an option to have the AB context appearing before you have to go thru "Manage", which is what I normally do and it works fine otherwise:

However, the AB context items also appear under the "Manage" in the Amber skin, though this is where it gets a little weird, as some of the items are duplicated, but not all:

If I choose the bottom AB: Select Artwork, it fails and I get the error. However, if I choose the upper AB: Select Artwork (currently highlighted in blue) it works. The other items seem to work fine for anything except Movie Sets. @bsoriano  I know I had pointed out the duplication before, but perhaps knowing this difference, some corrections can be made to the skin to allow them to all properly work on Movie Sets and eliminate that duplicate within "Manage."  Thanks for taking a look at this @rmrector and helping me pinpoint the issue. Much appreciated. I'm loving the AB capabilities.
I have been successfully using Kodi for about 3 years. Sometime back I had animated movie art working; however after a few months it would not display properly but once I did a full database reset I could recover - but I'd have to manually select animated art for each movie from the Kodi user interface (right click.)

I haven't had animated art in over a year, and I do miss it.

I use emby, Kodi 18.7 and artwork beef. Artwork beef does update, I just never get any animated art. I am completely confused by the interaction between kodi's default scraping, Emby's images that it pulls, and what Artwork beef pulls. And what to cache and what to not cache based on the add-on settings. But I haven't about it too much - except my animated art I want back!

The report is mostly full of this

21 23:47:48: Processing list automatically
No items in list
== 2020-06-22 10:29:21: Processing list automatically
No items in list
== 2020-06-22 10:30:03: Processing list automatically
No items in list

With an occasionally entry like this

list - tvshow: 1
== 2020-06-13 14:42:22: Processing tvshow 'Batman Beyond'
Missing artwork: characterart, clearart, fanart, poster, banner, landscape, clearlogo, season.0.fanart, season.0.banner, season.0.landscape, season.1.fanart, season.1.banner, season.1.landscape, season.2.fanart, season.2.banner, season.2.landscape, season.3.fanart, season.3.banner, season.3.landscape
Updated artwork: season.3.poster, season.0.poster, season.2.banner, season.3.banner, landscape, season.1.landscape, fanart, banner, characterart, fanart4, fanart1, fanart3, fanart2, season.3.landscape, poster, season.0.banner, clearart, season.2.landscape, clearlogo, season.2.poster, season.1.banner, season.1.poster
== 2020-06-13 14:42:36: Processing list automatically

Can I get help configuring all these for reliable art including especially and any all animated art that I can get?

thanks
@twinpeaks as far as i know you'll get no gif stuff on artworkbeef cause the hosting site went off -> link
(2016-02-05, 12:08)rmrector Wrote: [ -> ]It is developed for Kodi 17 Krypton and 18 Leia, and should also work for 16 Jarvis. 15 Isengard may still work, but it's really time to update. 19 Matrix is not supported.

Kodi 18 Leia smash! With Kodi 18 there are certain extended artwork setups that don't require Artwork Beef. Configuration of the extended artwork whitelist in the advancedsettings.xml built into Kodi is all that is necessary.

Option 1 is using media managers to populate artwork before adding the media to Kodi. If you use a media manager that saves artwork to match Kodi's naming scheme and have configured the artwork whitelist, then Kodi will automatically add that local artwork to the library when adding a new media item like it always has with posters and fanart. At this point extrafanart file location depends on what your preferred skin supports, and I suggest multiple fanart if it supports both.

Option 2 is using just scrapers right in Kodi. This way alone won't download artwork next to your media files, and doesn't support extrafanart, but scrapers can now provide all artwork like they've always supported posters.

Kodi 19 nightlies now include a "Movie set information folder" setting to save and load local movie set artwork.
I know V19 i still in very alpha stages, but rmrector are you planning to update Artwork Beef python3 so it can continue to be an addon for Kodi going forward? I'm trying to avoid using an outside manager to just add artwork to my folders. I love the simplicity of just running my library update and afterwards all the artwork is just there.
I have 3 machines with Kodi 18.7 running mysql db. I just recently manually downloaded MovieSet artwork into centralized folder with proper movieset directories and short name poster/fanart. I installed Artwork Beef on one machine and it appears to have worked loading my local movieset artwork. I assumed that these changes would show up on my other kodi machines automatically but all my movie sets on other machines show blank artwork. I thought maybe they would load into cache after clicking on it but it doesn't work. I even tried running texture management utility on those machines. 

Do I have to install Artwork Beef on all machines or is there a way do this from one machine? Thanks in advance.
mysql db stores metadata .. not the artwork. Each machine caches its artwork independently so yes, you will need artwork beef on each machine.
I've had this issue for a while now and I'm wondering what other people do or if there's a way to prevent it in AB.  I take the time to manually select every movie set's artwork.  But, these frequently get overwritten when I manually do a refresh (for a variety of reasons) on my library.  Is there a way to stop artwork I've manually set from being overwritten?  I thought the "exclude" function might work, but if I put the path to my central movie collection folder, I suspect that will prevent new sets from automatically getting artwork.  Is that correct?  It also doesn't seem logical to manually add every existing movie collection's artwork folder to the exclude list.  What does everyone else do to prevent their hand-curated artwork from being changed?

Thanks!