Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-09-20, 20:55)rmrector Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, clearly something is happening - from that snippet Kodi is probably having much bigger problems with the database. Without the entire debug log that's all anyone can say. Post it.

Hi Rector,

Thanks for your quick response! I really appreciate your help! However, I've figured the issue. Actually, I upgraded MySQL database from version 5.5 to version 8 which was causing the problem. I downgraded to 5.7 and it was very slow. Then I downgraded to 5.6 and it's working fine. Thanks a lot for your help! 🙂
(2020-09-20, 20:55)rmrector Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, clearly something is happening - from that snippet Kodi is probably having much bigger problems with the database. Without the entire debug log that's all anyone can say. Post it.

Thx for the fast response; AFAIK it is no solution to roll the version back and forward of mysql verry bad for DB
I did a clean install of kodi, clean creation DB in mysql 8.0 on a dedicated ubuntu server.
Hope here to help out to find a solution posted the entire debug if you need more details or specific debug log let me know 

https://paste.kodi.tv/edemiwikuv.kodi
@Genuine3000

What part of "the entire debug log" has confused you?
(2020-09-21, 08:35)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Genuine3000

What part of "the entire debug log" has confused you?

😄what part are you missing first time i provided a log just enabled it in kodi debug log
(2020-09-21, 08:42)genuine Wrote: [ -> ]what part are you missing
Most of it. Read the instructions and follow them exactly. There are only four steps. Debug Log
(2020-09-21, 09:01)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-21, 08:42)genuine Wrote: [ -> ]what part are you missing
Most of it. Read the instructions and follow them exactly. There are only four steps. Debug Log

changed it as you can see in advanced.xml to loglevel 3 hope it is not to many noise
Is this Log ok for you? Reproduced problem the moment I scan with Artwork Beef is crashing

https://paste.kodi.tv/usahanupux.kodi
(2020-09-21, 10:38)Genuine3000 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this Log ok for you?
Yep, better thanks. I think your mysql database is corrupt, but lets see what rmrector has to say.
Hello, I used to see a very helpful Artwork Beef option when viewing Artist info in the library.  It allowed you to either update all art for an artist automatically, or select individual types and choose an image to download from online artwork providers.  Now I no longer see this option... is there perhaps some special way to re-activate it?

I switched back to default Estuary in case it was a skin issue, but the old option is missing from there too.
This inline Artwork Beef browsing/editing capability one of the most useful tools I've ever used with Kodi so I'm hoping there's a way to get it back.  Thank you!
(2020-09-21, 16:10)Busta Uppa Wrote: [ -> ]I switched back to default Estuary in case it was a skin issue, but the old option is missing from there too.
It's not mssing, it was never there. The button is only there because the skinner decided to add the button in whichever skin you are using.

If the button is now missing, you need to ask in your skin thread.
(2020-09-21, 21:36)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-21, 16:10)Busta Uppa Wrote: [ -> ]I switched back to default Estuary in case it was a skin issue, but the old option is missing from there too.
It's not mssing, it was never there. The button is only there because the skinner decided to add the button in whichever skin you are using.

If the button is now missing, you need to ask in your skin thread.
Ah okay, I should have figured this was skin-dependent.  So just now I just switched to one I hadn't used in a while, and sure enough there was an "extras" option in the library artist info, with that lovely Artwork Beef integration.  So I can check with the creator of the other skin, or even just switch skins temporarily to use these beef features.  Works for me - thanks!!
(2020-09-21, 10:48)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-21, 10:38)Genuine3000 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this Log ok for you?
Yep, better thanks. I think your mysql database is corrupt, but lets see what rmrector has to say.
Hey thx for the feedback I found the solution to the problem it was related to mysql 8.0 sort order buffer size so I increased it to 10 M and seems artwork beef has no crashing anymore
Also fixing a bunch of other problems like recentlyadded movies no displaying  
So for others having these errors  SQL: Missing result set!
2020-09-21 20:56:44.638 T:15900   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere failed
2020-09-21 20:56:44.639 T:15900   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/
2020-09-21 20:56:44.643 T:15900   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/) failed
or a EXCEPTION Thrown by Python and crashing ARTWORK Beef this will fix it all
From Terminal Edit with vi or nano  /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf and add the line sort_buffer_size = 10M safe it and restart true service or systemctl mysql 
and your good to go
you will see also that this will disappear from the logs in kodi and mysql
Also congrats to Karellen how to get a full log detailed, that was getting me busy to find a solution
@Genuine3000

Thank you for posting your fix. That is very helpful as the develoopers can try to figure out what has changed to require that fix

Your post will be lost in this thread, would you mind creating a new post in this forum... https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228
Describe the issues you were having with missing movie sets and addons not working correctly then post you fix. It will help other users until the issue is resolved. Ensure "MySQL" is added in the title.

Also, be aware of this other issue which affects MySQL. You may come across it at some stage... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15768
(2020-09-21, 22:10)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Genuine3000

Thank you for posting your fix. That is very helpful as the develoopers can try to figure out what has changed to require that fix

Your post will be lost in this thread, would you mind creating a new post in this forum... https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228
Describe the issues you were having with missing movie sets and addons not working correctly then post you fix. It will help other users until the issue is resolved. Ensure "MySQL" is added in the title.

Also, be aware of this other issue which affects MySQL. You may come across it at some stage... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15768
Done placed a new Thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357217
Was hoping someone who actually has this working correctly can lend a hand.  I'm in the process of moving extrafanarts for the extrafanarts folder to to movie folder.  I thought one could download extrafanarts to the movie folder using AB.  If I select add missing artwork, everything except the fanart is downloaded.  I've added the artwork types to the advancedsettings xml.;  Any ideas/help?  Thanks.
(2020-09-26, 17:57)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Was hoping someone who actually has this working correctly can lend a hand.  I'm in the process of moving extrafanarts for the extrafanarts folder to to movie folder.  I thought one could download extrafanarts to the movie folder using AB.  If I select add missing artwork, everything except the fanart is downloaded.  I've added the artwork types to the advancedsettings xml.;  Any ideas/help?  Thanks.

You will need to move the images from the extrafanart directory yourself, or if you want AB to download all new fanart for a movie you need to remove ALL of your existing fanart for that movie (the 'extrafanart' directory as well as 'fanart' and any numbered fanart in the main directory).

Artwork Beef doesn't move existing local files nor is it designed to replace existing local files during the automatic process. In an effort to reduce duplicate images it is also designed not to download more numbered fanart if you already have any fanart saved locally - it cannot tell which, if any, of the fanart from the web services already exist locally.