Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can add artwork with Artwork Beef for individual movies or tv shows that is not a problem.  However, if i try to run it in mass or new videos or any/all videos I get an error telling me to check the log each time.

Any idea where this log is located?  I checked the log folder, user data, addons but can't locate it anywhere.  Not sure what the problem is and why things keep erroring now.
(2020-11-06, 08:43)knives of ice Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea where this log is located? 
It most likely means the Kodi Debug Log.

You can also find the Artwork Beef artwork-report.txt file in \userdata\addon_data\script.artwork.beef\

Upload both to Kodi Paste Site
Having selected a bunch of series to add episode fanart to is there any method (other than editing the database) to reverse the operation, and optionally remove episode fanart that has already been downloaded?
hi, been using artwork beef since it came out .. love it. I have run into something strange today with TV series. I always let artwork beef download clearlogo & clearart (if available).
With the changes going on at thetvdb now, I tried switching to tmdb for TV series. Since I need to reload a show with tmdb (otherwise no new episodes are found) artwork beef also reloads after that. But my clearlogo disappears. It seems when I use tmdb for TV , clearlogo is not downloaded. If I switch back to thevdb it's downloaded again.

I can't test with tvmaze at the moment, since I'm still on kodi 17.

No settings in artwork beef were made. Anyone any idea why clearlogo's aren't found/loaded when tmdb is the scraper for TV ?

EDIT : quickly installed kodi 18 on a pc and tested there. There artwork beef downloads clearlogo's with tmdb .. So anyone any idea why it doesn't with kodi 17 ?
Hi everyone,

at first thanks to rmrector and everyone who is working on this awesome addon! It makes the care of the artwork very comfortable. For about two weeks now, i have a problem with the addon. I always get an error message for new titles and if i try to open artwork beef manually, nothing happens. Here is my log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/qemesigiwo.kodi

Thank you very much for tipps or help.
cgi
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2020-11-19, 17:28)cgi2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

at first thanks to rmrector and everyone who is working on this awesome addon! It makes the care of the artwork very comfortable. For about two weeks now, i have a problem with the addon. I always get an error message for new titles and if i try to open artwork beef manually, nothing happens. Here is my log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/qemesigiwo.kodi

Thank you very much for tipps or help.
cgi

Log updated!
@rmrector 
@Karellen 

1. How can I prevent AB from saving the images locally? I want that it will load them only from the database by direct urls (As it now from Texture.db / MyVideos.db -> art)
2. Why does it take the images according to the scraper language and not as I set in the settings?

Thanks.
Alrighty, I've pushed my initial attempt at a cut-down add-on for Matrix that does only one thing - download artwork locally from links already in the Kodi library, provided by scrapers or JSON-RPC. Unfortunately CoreELEC still does not support Kodi 19 on my Odroid N2 so I can't yet eat my own dogfood, but it seems to work in narrower testing on my laptop. It is bare-bones at the moment but perhaps better than nothing. Direct download Artwork Dump, it is also available in my repo.

@cgi2011 I just pushed a fix for this in 0.28.4

@burekas 1 Don't configure AB to download artwork. 2 AB's automatic process is not designed to replace artwork links that already exist, it will not overwrite what the scraper provides.
(2020-11-22, 00:02)rmrector Wrote: [ -> ]1. Don't configure AB to download artwork.
2 AB's automatic process is not designed to replace artwork links that already exist, it will not overwrite what the scraper provides.
@rmrector 

Thanks.
So if I get things right:
1. I set it now on "Kodi cahce only".
2. So there is actually no way to force overwrite art urls that already exist in the db except of using the manual option of Context Menu: "Manage -> AB: Select artwork..." ?
It's a little annoying when you need to change all the Seasons Posters manually one by one instead of running kind of an automatic process on the TV Show in your preferred lanaguage.
3. And what is the purpose of this settings under: "Image languages for automatic filter"?
1. Yes
2. Run it from Program Add-ons to remove all artwork for X https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...s/#actions
3. Exactly what it says on the tin, but can only apply to artwork AB itself adds https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...tic-filter

Please look over the documentation.
(2020-11-22, 01:54)rmrector Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yes
2. Run it from Program Add-ons to remove all artwork for X https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...s/#actions
3. Exactly what it says on the tin, but can only apply to artwork AB itself adds https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...tic-filter

Please look over the documentation.
@rmrector 

2. Thanks. It works. But it would be nice if:
Regarding the option of "Remove artwork for media type..." you would be able to choose this option for a specific TV Show / Movie and not only for all of them as it now.
OR - add a new option for the context menu to activate this "Remove artwork by media type..." when standing on a tv show (Currently there is just "Remove All" option)
In addition - instead of doing "Remove + Add missing artwork", to add a new option of "Overwrite" which will make these two processes together.
* For example, I want to remove Seasons Posters only from "Westworld", but currently it removes the Season Posters from all the tv-shows, thing that I don't want to.

I hope you are understanding what I mean Smile

3. As I thought, thanks.

4. Request: Can you add also TMDB support for Tv Shows artwork?
(2020-11-22, 00:02)rmrector Wrote: [ -> ]Alrighty, I've pushed my initial attempt at a cut-down add-on for Matrix that does only one thing - download artwork locally from links already in the Kodi library, provided by scrapers or JSON-RPC. Unfortunately CoreELEC still does not support Kodi 19 on my Odroid N2 so I can't yet eat my own dogfood, but it seems to work in narrower testing on my laptop. It is bare-bones at the moment but perhaps better than nothing. Direct download Artwork Dump, it is also available in my repo.

@cgi2011 I just pushed a fix for this in 0.28.4

@burekas 1 Don't configure AB to download artwork. 2 AB's automatic process is not designed to replace artwork links that already exist, it will not overwrite what the scraper provides.

Thank you for the quick fix. Works perfect again!
Greets
cgi2011
(2020-11-01, 01:54)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-01, 01:06)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]2) The facility to automatically save downloaded artwork locally inits original resolution has NOT been added in v19. However design of such a feature is being discussed and something for v20 is likely.
Oh geez. Sorry @pletopia I was not concentrating. What daveblake said ^^
There is no build or even a PR. It is still in the discussion phase. My links were only meant to point you to the conversation, not the working code.
@rmrector 
Hey bud, now with v19 in beta have you decided if you plan to support it or not? v19 will not support all the stuff that your addon does and its really only thing at this point that holds me back from moving from v18 to v19.
(2020-11-23, 03:51)pletopia Wrote: [ -> ]Hey bud, now with v19 in beta have you decided if you plan to support it or not?
Check post #1329