Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-01-01, 00:03)jason777_1 Wrote: [ -> ]The.Thirteenth.Floor.1999.MULTi.1080p.Bluray.x265.mkv
fanart.jpg
poster.jpg
I notice you have chosen to name artwork using the short-name format.
When you use this format, you need to enable the setting Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title must be Enabled in the Set Content Screen
(2021-01-02, 22:53)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-02, 12:42)manulover Wrote: [ -> ]The problem I have is that when I look for the covers of my Bluray movies they appear perfect without any problem but when I look for my 4k Uhd movie covers they do not appear correctly because the 4k cover does not appear correctly and I do not detect that these films are 4k .
There is no distinction between Bluray, DVD or Bluray UHD posters. You cannot set anything, anywhere to automatically select one type of posters.

Head over to the information provider sites and check the available posters and you will quickly realise posters are not sorted this way.

Thanks for the reply

The covers or covers of Uhd 4k movies I managed to see them in my configuration when I had the old Xbmc old Kodi or in another version of Kodi that was not Kodi 18, which is the version that I now have installed.

I don't remember it very well since a few years have passed but what I am sure of is that I managed to see the Uhd 4k covers in my collection at that time.

It's hard to find a 4k uhd movie in my collection right now as all the covers are very similar with the Bluray logo on all of them.

a greeting
(2021-01-03, 14:09)manulover Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to find a 4k uhd movie in my collection right now as all the covers are very similar with the Bluray logo on all of them.
Yea, I don't think you are talking about posters as none of the posters have format logos added to them. I think what you are seeing is the case/frame that the skin adds around the poster.

I think your question will be better asked in the thread for the skin you are using.

If I am wrong, provide a screenshot showing what you want.
Does know how to get the customize artwork meni in Estuary MOD V2 for Kodi 19 since Artwork Beef is no longer supported in Kodi 19. I cannot find the button in the info screen I would normally click on to make the window pop up where I can select the movie poster I'd like.
Its time to move on , Kodi Matrix released and some popular addons shifted to Python3 , When artwork Beef will be release for Kodi 19 ?
(2021-01-24, 14:52)nazim12 Wrote: [ -> ]When artwork Beef will be release for Kodi 19 ?
It won't.

The new add-on is Artwork Dump which has only a few functions... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2994867
I finally made a separate thread for Artwork Dump. There is also a new version with several fixes.
The lack of artwork beef is a problem in Matrix if you use Emby as a source, then the source has no type and no scraper. Basically local art (like animated posters) can't be easily added to the Kodi cache. Hopefully some add-on will be written to just scrape local art.
really really missing artwork beef in matrix. Kodi has a looooong way to go to work anywhere near as good or as user friendly as beef is in Leia....

bring back the beef for matrix!!!!!
(2021-02-04, 19:52)thecubasekid Wrote: [ -> ]bring back the beef for matrix!!!!!
Why? What are you missing? What does Artwork Beef do that can no longer be done in v19
(2021-02-04, 21:00)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-04, 19:52)thecubasekid Wrote: [ -> ]bring back the beef for matrix!!!!!
Why? What are you missing? What does Artwork Beef do that can no longer be done in v19
i don't see how i can scan to look for new art work periodically like i could easily in beef, and beef always seemed to find exrtra art. also i just tried rebuild my library - i use a central sql for all my boxes and generally point to a clean DB and clean out the thumbnails folder when going to next version, then re-scan in (i export lib as nfo / separate files regularly) then run beef to add all the extra art and cache it at the same time (i have my art stored in relevant meida folder per film /TV show, i don't see how to do that now. i re-scanned my video lib to a new DB but have a lot less artwork as a result. i don't seem to be able to work out how to get it back, so i have reverted to using an older box with Leia on to add my art then copying over textures db and thumbnails to matrix, but it is laborious nad i am still getting blanks on some art...so looking at migrating my Leia DB and hope something doesnt get messed up at some point needing a fresh library
I'd agree that updating artwork was the best thing / biggest thing I will miss about AB.  It's nice if, periodically, artwork for things is updated with newer and better art options.  There are a bunch of tools to help manually download artwork, say TinyMediaManager and the like, but they tend to just add missing things, rather than pro-actively replace 'stale' items with the new offerings.  I don't know of another tool that does in the way AB does it (or at all, to be honest?).
Why would they just not update AB for Matrix? I am not using Matrix right now, but I am just curious because AB is a fantastic add-on.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-02-05, 06:25)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Why would they just not update AB for Matrix? I am not using Matrix right now, but I am just curious because AB is a fantastic add-on.
The "they" in this case is the author and maintainer of Artwork Beef @rmrector, and he has explained his reasons here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2996833

Supporting a popular addon is a lot of hard work, and since the scrapers for Matrix now support extended artwork the need for AB is greatly reduced. He has produced a much simpler addon Artwork Dump to handle the download of scraper results. This leaves the need for a more user friendly approach to bulk refresh of art, something I am looking at for music in v20.
Hello,
I have several issues with music fanarts in the OSD. Some things don't work the way I would like. I can't get the behavior I got with ArtistSlideShow add-on. Here is the list of what I can't configure :

- Display all images in slideshow when there are several.
- Use both remote and local images (from extrafanart folder located in artist folder).
- Display a black screen when no image is found (instead of displaying a random artist slideshow).
- Avoid too low resolution images
- Most logos don't work (although it worked with artistslideshow)
- Some very famous artists are not found (like Elvis Presley, Danny Elfman, Iggy Pop, Iggy Azalea)...

Any suggestion ? Thanks for your help !