Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Enabling superuser.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if this has been asked before but how do I enable superuser in Kodi on my rooted Android device is there something in settings? I ask because a couple of minutes ago when I launched Kodi a super user access prompt was launched but it timed out before I was able to grant it permission. Tried relaunching kodi a couple of more times to see if the access prompt would come up but it did not. Thank you....
Why would you need superuser? What does it give you?
I've never seen a prompt like that, only ever run on rooted devices.
(2016-02-05, 16:45)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you need superuser? What does it give you?
I've never seen a prompt like that, only ever run on rooted devices.

It popped up again this time i granted it permission, I just want to know what I can do under superuser access what are the benefits between superuser and just regular kodi does anyone know?
Old versions of Kodi did this as a workaround for certain firmware that didn't have correct permissions. Current and future versions of Kodi don't use this workaround anymore, and have no use for superuser access.