Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: H8 - forcing Kodi 15.2 open files with internal Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Community,

is there any way of telling Kodi to play/open specific files (like .mkv or .iso for example) only with the internal Player of my HiMedia H8 Octa instead of Kodi Player?

I find the 3D-ISOs and 1080p content runs way crisper on the internal Player but i still don't want to miss the absolutely amazing library and menu structure of Kodi.

Thanks

Pugodi
Well that sounds quite difficult to me - as i am german the english language doesn't make it much easier Big Grin

I try to figuere out how it works and hope that i can still ask things when i am stuck somewhere...

i wish i could copy that code somewhere Cool
What i did now ist the following:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="HimediaVideoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>internal_sd/system/app/HimediaVideoPlayer/HimediaVideoPlayer.apk</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="HimediaVideoPlayer">
<rule filetypes="mp4" player="HimediaVideoPlayer">
<rule filetypes="iso" player="HimediaVideoPlayer">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

don't know if that's working - have to wait till my wife stops watching her tv-show TongueTongueTongue
what programm would i use to actually put the factory.xml into the userdata folder? i tried on my HiMedia H8 with USB Stick - no chance of getting it to that directory...ES Files doesn't work as well